Ebay Exhuast- Cat Back Relocation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ebay Exhuast- Cat Back Relocation

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 04-25-2007, 08:38 PM   #1
muttytruckster
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ebay Exhuast- Cat Back Relocation

I was curious to know what people though about this cat back. I mean what do you think in the way of
power? actually gain power?
Efficicency? actually gain MPG?
Clearance?(if its actually more likely to hit on a rock)
Quality?(wether its actually going to last)
Overall Idea? (better or worse than orginal position of muffler)
I would really like to hear from people who have installed an aftermarket echuast already.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem

muttytruckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
Squint

On that note, does anyone have any sound clips to share?
Squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #3
nota4re

muttytruckster,

That my ebay auction - I'm also a sponsor vendor here. I have placed several of the JK accessories on Ebay in addition to the website in order to reach a broader audience.

At least one customers has conducted very specific before/after test using a dyno. There was a marked improvement in acceleration measurements. Like on most cars, a free-flow exhaust can be further "exploited" with the addition of a cold-air intake.

In terms of clearance, the muffler sits just slightly above the frame rails in a very protected position. The primary objective in the design of the kit was to improve off-road capabilities - substantially by removing the muffler from its stock rear location.

The muffler is 100% stainless and has a lifetime gurantee.

You can find a few exhaust clips at this location: http://pages.sbcglobal.net/kpond/CoolTechJK/Exhaust/

Please note that the exhaust sounds louder in these clips than it does in person. For example, compare how loud the starter sounds in the start-up clip. It's hard to calibrate your ear for this.... but perhaps the main thing is to see if you like the tone.

'07 White 4-door Rubi
nota4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 01:14 AM   #4
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nota4re
muttytruckster,

That my ebay auction - I'm also a sponsor vendor here. I have placed several of the JK accessories on Ebay in addition to the website in order to reach a broader audience.

At least one customers has conducted very specific before/after test using a dyno. There was a marked improvement in acceleration measurements. Like on most cars, a free-flow exhaust can be further "exploited" with the addition of a cold-air intake.

In terms of clearance, the muffler sits just slightly above the frame rails in a very protected position. The primary objective in the design of the kit was to improve off-road capabilities - substantially by removing the muffler from its stock rear location.

The muffler is 100% stainless and has a lifetime gurantee.

You can find a few exhaust clips at this location: http://pages.sbcglobal.net/kpond/CoolTechJK/Exhaust/

Please note that the exhaust sounds louder in these clips than it does in person. For example, compare how loud the starter sounds in the start-up clip. It's hard to calibrate your ear for this.... but perhaps the main thing is to see if you like the tone.
i was going to pipe up about you, but here you are.

i know there isn't a lot of space under the 2dr, with the evap canister there, so i imagine this is just for the 4dr? it doesn't state in the ebay write up, but the pics are of the unlimited...
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 08:32 AM   #5
nota4re

Yeah, I learned the hard way about my oversight in the Ebay description. I thought I had corrected it yesterday but my update didn't work..... just tried it again.

'07 White 4-door Rubi
Unread 04-26-2007, 08:43 AM   #6
Volley

Trying to determine from the pics...is that a Magnaflow muffler?
Volley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #7
nota4re

Yes it is a Magnaflow - 100% stainless and fully polished. Lifetime guarantee.

'07 White 4-door Rubi
Unread 04-27-2007, 08:27 AM   #8
Maldoro
2007 JK Wrangler 

How hard is it to install? Would I need to take it to a Shop or is it something I can do in the garage? I do not know how to weld but am a very handy guy.
Maldoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.