Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Eastern ky 2008 jk unlimited TIME TO UPGRADE

601 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ncb 
#1 ·
I have a bone stock jk unlimited where do I start upgrading? LIFT, LIGHTS, TIRES AND WHEELS, FLAT FLARES,
NEED SOME HELP GUYS, where did you start?

#2 ·
michaelhawk said:
I have a bone stock jk unlimited where do I start upgrading? LIFT, LIGHTS, TIRES AND WHEELS, FLAT FLARES, NEED SOME HELP GUYS, where did you start?
Not saying this to be a jerk, but I read through this forum for months before purchasing a JK and also several months before making any big purchases/mods.

#3 ·
:agree:

In addition, join a local 4x4/Jeep Club and take it off-roading in bone stock form. It will surprise you with what it is capable of doing. As you wheel it, you will learn what you need to upgrade in order to make it do more of what you want to do. The locals will be a great source of info for what works and doesn't work in your area. i.e. Jeeps in FL don't mod their Jeeps for rock crawling, and AZ Jeeps don't go for mudding.

I hate to talk in ambiguous terms like wise old Yoda, but every person has a different take on what to mod. YMMV. Believe me, hanging out here on Jeep Forum will give you PLENTY of bad ideas for your wallet!!! LOL!!!! Welcome to Jeep Forum and the Jeep Addiction. It's a 3-step program..."Wheel it, break it, UPGRADE it."

#5 ·
michaelhawk said:
I'm no stranger to the rocks and mud. Just trying to build a mild trail rig with a good look and was looking for some insight. I have a 97 tj that I have built a custome long arm on and broke about every part on with 35s and will go anywhere.
Mild rig, I'd say get a 2.5" lift with 35" tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.