Dumb question about lockers on Rubi - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Dumb question about lockers on Rubi

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #31
bofer84

Location: lakeland florida/ seneca south carolina/tampa florida
understandable, and i see what you are saying now. Im used to well...flat, rutted mud boggs, and a few steap mud hills.

Anyway, back to the topic on hand, has anybody come up with a way to run the lockers in 4hi on the 07 rubies. I know you can do it on the old ones, but the new wireing harnesses are diffrent.

just curious, what do you think is more capable, a deffender 90, or the jeep jk rubicon??

bofer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 04:15 AM   #32
300bhp/ton
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofer84
just curious, what do you think is more capable, a deffender 90, or the jeep jk rubicon??
A difficult question.

Here in the UK Land Rovers rule and nealry every serious off roader uses a Land Rover, or some other vehicle converted to run Land Rover parts.

Jeeps by comparison are pretty rare, in fact I probably see more Aston Martins on the road than I do Wranglers so they are not really favoured or even considered a serious prospect.

Me, well I'm more open minded. I know what Land Rovers can do (have been around them all my life). But I also understand Jeeps are bad *** also (hence why I'm on this website).

Personally I think a Land Rover is more rugged and thougher as a whole vehicle. It can tow 7700lb from the factory and is heavily used in agriculture and military.

Also the older ones are very nimble being as short as 80" so off road competitions are very good with them.

Also the full time 4wd is a great bonus.

But Jeeps have a lot of really godd attributes, like the Dana 44 on the JK and the electronic dissconnects and less body work covering the wheels (front arches/fenders specifically).

So really I think it's much of a muchness just with different plus/minus' on both sides.

I still want to by a JK though
Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0HO!!! - stock|Land Rover Discovery 200Tdi - diesel, 33's and one or two other mods currently being rebuilt as an 88 Hybrid|Camaro z/28 LS1 - 5.7 litres of OHV muscle!!!|1977 Triumph TR7 V8 - Lightweight and fun, with only the doors remaining stock|smart Roadster - small nippy and 58mpg|Ford Thunderbird - long term rebuild project
300bhp/ton is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.