Dual Top question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Dual Top question

JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
fightingmajor
2014 WK 

Dual Top question

I have a 2010 Jeep Unlimited with the dual top option. Today was the first nice day that I could actually put the soft top all the way down. When I went to strap it down, the parts that you screw the sides of the hard top down are in the way. I've tried pooping them put with no luck. Stopped by the dealer and they were no help. Just worried about heading down the highway without those back bars tied down.

fightingmajor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Took me a minute to figure out what you were saying.

The velcro straps won't go through the holes in the tub because the inserts are in the way.

No worries, I've ran it with the velcro just wrapped around the bars with no issues. If you are really concerned you could always tie it off to the rollbars with some rope.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
reTJcon01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=fightingmajor;9505322]I've tried pooping them put with no luck./QUOTE]

that sounds uncomfortable . Have you read up in your manual??
reTJcon01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
tclaremont
2014 JK Wrangler 

I just use the straps to strap the top bows to itself. It does not go anywhere, so no concerns of it blowing off.
-------------------------------------
tclaremont is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
richnev
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingmajor View Post
I've tried pooping them put with no luck. Stopped by the dealer and they were no help.

LMAO

can't help as I only own a softtop but you just made my day

ARMY TEAM MEMBER #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
I just make a BOOP BEEP sound with my mouth (really loud) as I walk away from the jeep, and point the key at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by her94yj View Post
lets put it a way a kids will relate......its like a hooker.......... SURE a 15 dollar handy from a detroit toothless 60 year old can get it done....... but NO where is it as nice as the $5000 an hour goddess from vegas or hollywood

....... dont be that fat guy on the beach in the speedo you dont want to be "that guy"
richnev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
txdutt
2009 JK Wrangler 

the thingamajigs will come out you just have to fiddle with them with a screwdriver to pop them out
txdutt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
fightingmajor
2014 WK 

Haha I was posting it from my iphone. No pooping involved.
fightingmajor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.