Dual top group - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Dual top group

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 04-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
gp4dad

Dual top group

I have a chance to get a 4DR X,S Package, Power group with the Dual Top group.

I thought I read some negative things on this a while back. Is it ok to get , or should I just get the Soft Top?

Thanks,
Bob

gp4dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #2
VfrRider

I have had no problems with my tops. Not one drip with the hard top, easy to remove front panels. Put on soft top yesterday, fits like a glove. I drove it topless yesterday before putting the soft top on. I will see how it goes with the soft top, I may keep the hard top on for a couple more months out of the year, depending on how much/hard it is to put the soft top all the way down.
VfrRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
caliwankers

It is such an inexpensive option for what you get. We had no leaking problems and all in all, it is quite easy to switch back and forth. The only difficult thing is storing the hard top in the summer. Other than that, give yourself the best of both worlds.

Cali
18" Wheels
Dual Top Group
6 Speed
caliwankers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #4
redrom01
JCOB-4-LIFE

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp4dad
I have a chance to get a 4DR X,S Package, Power group with the Dual Top group.

I thought I read some negative things on this a while back. Is it ok to get , or should I just get the Soft Top?

Thanks,
Bob
Its by far the best deal out there on the hard top. And what better than one that comes with a warrenty with the rest of the jeep. I love my hard top and my soft top.

______o00o
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)__

-Current Jeep-
2007 JK Rubi (Steel Blue)
Searching for an MJ

|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)
redrom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 02:13 PM   #5
gp4dad

thanks

thanks for the quick reply. I was a little nervous about it. Feeling much better now. It's in the 80's now so I don't think the hard top will last too long!!

Sounds like I'm getting a decent deal, I will go over the invoice tomorrow before I sign anything. MSRP >28 , out the door for 25.

Thanks
Bob

"Future" Black X, Auto, S, Power, Dual Top, 17's
gp4dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #6
SoCalJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

For areas where you get snow etc I think the dual option would be great. Here is SoCal the soft top works just fine.
SoCalJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
jeepers3

Yeah, I would be hard-pressed to buy a Jeep and NOT get the dual tops. I have not had any problem with the hard top per se, but I did have a leaky rear-window wiper hose problem that took a while to get fixed, which was determined to be a manufacturing defect.

I hope to put my soft top on this weekend (:
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:15 AM   #8
RenoosRemoob

We've had no problems with our dual tops. In fact, I can't imagine owning a JK without both. My wife drives a TJ and also has both.
RenoosRemoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:24 PM   #9
growlz

I'll also jump in and say that we have had no trouble with either top.
Unread 04-27-2007, 08:16 AM   #10
qdzlug

Very glad I got the dual top group with my X.

Just took the hard top off this weekend and put the soft top on - total operation took about an hour. Since then I've put the soft top up and down a few times w/o any problems, and usually in ~5-10 minutes. The only problem I'm having (and it's a minor one) is figuring out how to best store the side and back windows when I've got the top down.

I should add I've had no leaking problems with either top - we've had monsoon like rains recently here in Ohio and I've had no leaking at all with the soft top.
qdzlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 09:22 AM   #11
BEAR40

Both my tops are solid with no problems. I would only get a soft top if I was in a year round warm climate. Where you are i would get both. No brainer!

BEAR
BEAR40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.