Drivers door will not lock/unlock - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Drivers door will not lock/unlock

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 09-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
Seanbmc
2009 JK Wrangler 

Drivers door will not lock/unlock

I paid off the Jeep last week!!! To celebrate the Jeep has decided to give me a few problems

When I hit the key folb to unlock/lock the doors all work except for the drivers. It happened randomly a few times, now its a permanent thing.

When watching inside you can see the round lock disc on the inside handle try to move when locking/unlocking, but it will not go all the way in/out. Its like it is stuck on something.

I can manually push the disc in and out most of the time, although sometimes it gets hung up and will not move.

I pulled off the inner panel to inspect and do not see anything in the handle mechanism rubbing. The wire to the lock runs behind the next layer. I can see the top wire is the one that sometimes hangs up, but nothing inside that layer indicates why.

I got the bolts off for the next layer, but when I started prying I could see the window was attached to this one, and I am not sure how to pull it all apart. I do not want to break the automatic windows in the process.

The wire connectors to the door look clean, no bent pins.

Any ideas from here?

Sean

Mastercraft Grab Handles, Mopar Slush Mats, Hitch.
Seanbmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
COStrider

Try to get some lube with a straw attachment to get the sticky parts freed up. I know that's not much help but maybe you didn't cross that bridge yet. There should be a write up if you google search the intraweb
COStrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.