driver's dash removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > driver's dash removal

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 09-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

driver's dash removal

I have a 2008.
I looked all over the interwebs, and every dash removal how-to said "pull out the glove box". Well, my stuff fell in front of ME, after a bump on a trail sent it airborne from the dash "tray", into the back of the windshield, and gone! Bam, quick as a blink. RATS!

So, today, I found out how EASY it is to get back there. All you need is a slotted screwdriver and a 7mm socket with an extension.

--Kick panel pulls right off. (1)

--Steering column cover swings down from the top. Again, just plastic clips. (2)

--Two 7mm bolts hold the lower edge of the gauge panel surround, which swings up on the plastic clips at the top. (3,4,5)

--The gauge cluster has 4x 7mm bolts at its corners, and it'll just pull toward you and upward. (6)

This leaves all the room you need to get whatever fell behind. (7)

Takes about 20 minutes, and I was careful not to lose the metal clips that thread everything to the plastic.

Caveat: If you don't use your high-beams, like me, because the blue dash light is blindingly bright, the gauge cluster cover pulls right off with plastic clips, and a piece of my extra Jeep Forum sticker got put to good use! (8,9)

I hope this helps somebody, who would otherwise fold their windshield down, or give up hope

db1.jpg   db2.jpg   db3.jpg   db4.jpg   db5.jpg  

db6.jpg   db7.jpg   db8.jpg   db9.jpg  

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg

Last edited by wilywillie; 09-03-2013 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: needed year, since it may have changed
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.