Doors off -Paint spotty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Doors off -Paint spotty

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
XpensiveWino

Doors off -Paint spotty

Has anyone here taken their doors off just to find alot of spots where the paint was missing in the jambs?

I took off one of my rear doors and found paint missing around the hinges and some other spots.

I could see it before I took the door off, but I didn't know how pathetic it was until I took the door off.
It was embarassing so I put the door back on.

My JK is a black 07 4 door. Maybe I can take some factory touchup paint and get it to a point where I feel ok about taking the doors off.

I surely don't want to take it in to the dealer to show them because I KNOW they will just F up the paint and probably other things even worse.

Any suggestions or has anyone here noticed the same thing on their JK?

Last edited by XpensiveWino; 04-28-2008 at 01:59 PM..
XpensiveWino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
JeepPainter

Unfortunately your only TRUE fix is to have the spots professionally painted. Try to find a reputable dealer in your area to take care of your problem. I paint for a Jeep dealership in Houston and have noticed blotchy paint on some JK's. Besides touch ups NEVER turn out the way you hoped they would...
JeepPainter is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.