Doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Doors

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
13JK

Doors

So I bought a new wrangler and me and my girlfriend are planning a trip to Florida. I would like to take the doors off on the way once we reach nice weather, but I don't know where to store them in my jeep safely. Is there any racks/carriers or anything because I have seen anything.

13JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13JK View Post
So I bought a new wrangler and me and my girlfriend are planning a trip to Florida. I would like to take the doors off on the way once we reach nice weather, but I don't know where to store them in my jeep safely. Is there any racks/carriers or anything because I have seen anything.
Hotel room.
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
13JK

I'm talking about taking them off on the drive down. Like if we hit nice weather I want to take the doors off but don't know where to store them.
Unread 11-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange

2014 JK Wrangler 

I wouldn't... the noise at highway speeds gets old. I would just take them off once you get to FL.

Colorado Jeep Club #281

Past Jeeps: '02 WJ Overland, '02 WJ Limited, '08 KK Sport
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

no there is not, they are heavy as well and dent very easy. you best way to be able to carry doors with you are the soft doors. that are two piece. it is the way i went over a year ago have not used real doors since. can be naked fast or button up for weather.
Unread 11-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Years ago I saw a hitch-mounted door carrier for full sized doors. Can't recall the company. I suspect the product didn't sell many units.

I googled for a bit but it didn't turn up.
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #7
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Just take em off from the start. You won't get wet if it's raining. Wear a jacket until the weather gets good. Boom, problem solved

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchip’s | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 05:39 AM   #8
13JK

That's what I personally would do. But the girl will cry that she's getting wet lol
Unread 11-26-2013, 05:40 AM   #9
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Tie her hair up. Or trade her in

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchip’s | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 11-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #10
13JK

^^^ this guy lol. I have to much time and money invested to just trade her in lol
Unread 11-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

If I we're as invested as you, I would just bring one door. haha

Unread 11-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
13JK

Touché my friend touché lol
Unread 11-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #13
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

And now my gf is pissed. Lol

Unread 11-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #14
justin credible
2012 JK Wrangler 

Remove the back seat, wrap each door in a blanket, lay them down in the back and strap them down so they don't move around.
justin credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #15
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin credible View Post
Remove the back seat, wrap each door in a blanket, lay them down in the back and strap them down so they don't move around.
I'd do this. Easier if you have a 2 door.

Otherwise, you could look into getting a roof rack.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.