Door Lock Cylinders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Door Lock Cylinders

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 07-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
wrangler856
2008 JK Wrangler 

Door Lock Cylinders

I recently bought the Mopar half door kit. I had the doors painted and have everything assembeled except getting the door lock cylinders (Part # 68001713AA) coded and installed. This was covered in the half door instructions and my Google searches have not come up with any instructions. I contacted the dealer and they said it would be $400 to install and code the two door lock cylinders. Does anyone have access to the instructions for this part? The dealer said he could not provide them to me even though I bought the half door kit from them.

Thanks for any assistance the group is able to provide!

wrangler856 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

hahhahahahhah really??? Crap, that's another set of doors!!!

Glad I just got the cheapo sport with power nothing......

Have you tried a local locksmith company?
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
xkuzme1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You can buy generic door lock actuators on Amazon for $5 a piece. I installed them on my WJ when the factory one went out. They are easy to install.
door lock actuators

You would need to wire them inside the door, but that wouldn't be hard.

X

Ask me why you should not buy anything from 4 Wheel Online
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Where did you get the doors from? It should be part of the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

and any locksmith can key the cylinders to your key. I think paid 20 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler856 View Post
I recently bought the Mopar half door kit. I had the doors painted and have everything assembeled except getting the door lock cylinders (Part # 68001713AA) coded and installed. This was covered in the half door instructions and my Google searches have not come up with any instructions. I contacted the dealer and they said it would be $400 to install and code the two door lock cylinders. Does anyone have access to the instructions for this part? The dealer said he could not provide them to me even though I bought the half door kit from them.

Thanks for any assistance the group is able to provide!
All that cost must be labor to disassemble and reassemble the doors because the lock cylinder is the first part installed inside the shell during assembly.

With the cylinders in hand, my dealer matched them to my key for $20 (for both). Then I assembled the (painted) half-doors.

The procedure for having the cylinders "coded" to match your key isn't in the instructions but installing the cylinder is; it's the very first step.

So if you have the cylinders in hand, just bring them (and your registration, they'll need the VIN) to a dealer or locksmith. Should take about 5 minutes for each cylinder. They just install pins of varying length to match the sequence specific to your key.

If you have already assembled the doors including the cylinders, you'll have to disassemble them to get the cylinders out.....
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door locks , half doors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.