Door Hinge Rust? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Door Hinge Rust?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #16
Croce
2009 JK Wrangler 

The paint on mine are chipping too and starting the rust a little. Only 10k miles and the stealership told me its not covered under
warranty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by storch View Post
I will check if the corosion warranty covers it, It dam well should.
Please do and let me know. I'm kinda pissed they refused to fix this with only 10k miles

[CENTER][B][COLOR="black"]2009 Jeep JK Sahara Unlimited[/COLOR][/B] | Smittybilt XRC Rock Guards | Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper | Rockcrusher Front D30 Diff Cover | KC Hilities Daylighters | Rancho Oil Pan Cover | BMD Evap Skid | AEV Snorkel [/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Mirror Flip | Daystar dash | Painted Sahara Rims | Seat mounted Mag-lites | Gutter Grill inserts | Smittybilt Seat covers | Vent Mirrors | Spray Can-Bed Liner and Interior Paint [/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/"][COLOR="yellow"]Jeep Owners Manual[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Any fool can know. The point is to understand- Einstein[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Croce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #17
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
The paint on mine are chipping too and starting the rust a little. Only 10k miles and the stealership told me its not covered under
warranty...
Chipping and bubbling? That's a little ridiculous they refused to cover it; what was their reason for that decision?
Unread 09-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #18
ncb

[QUOTE=Croce;10172340]The paint on mine are chipping too and starting the rust a little. Only 10k miles and the stealership told me its not covered under
warranty...

Is the paint chipped from rocks that the front tires kick back? If so, that's not covered under warranty.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #19
nyyankee

This may not be right but after I wash mine I have an electric leaf blower just for use on blowing the water off the truck and noticed a ton of water comes out from behind the hinges. So is it all the water being caught thats the problem here.
nyyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #20
SoCalJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
warranty...

Please do and let me know. I'm kinda pissed they refused to fix this with only 10k miles
Unless it is chipped from dings or something it has to be covered by warranty. If it is bubbling then it is a manufacturing flaw. Mine were done twice under warranty. Find another dealer if there is one around. If not contact Chrysler.
Unread 09-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #21
Croce
2009 JK Wrangler 

Truthfully i'm not a 100% how the chipping was caused. I do offroad quite a bit and use the door hinges as a foot peg when doors are off too.. I'm a huge fan of rustoleum products so i'll probally just spray them down with bedliner. Thanks for the response.
Good idea to contact Chrylser directly, that never occured to me
[CENTER][B][COLOR="black"]2009 Jeep JK Sahara Unlimited[/COLOR][/B] | Smittybilt XRC Rock Guards | Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper | Rockcrusher Front D30 Diff Cover | KC Hilities Daylighters | Rancho Oil Pan Cover | BMD Evap Skid | AEV Snorkel [/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Mirror Flip | Daystar dash | Painted Sahara Rims | Seat mounted Mag-lites | Gutter Grill inserts | Smittybilt Seat covers | Vent Mirrors | Spray Can-Bed Liner and Interior Paint [/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/"][COLOR="yellow"]Jeep Owners Manual[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Any fool can know. The point is to understand- Einstein[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Croce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #22
SLIM_SNOOPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSky View Post
Mine started bubbling like crazy at about 20k miles. Just pull them off yourself, sand em down, bedline them and be done with it for good:

X2 with the bedliner paint. Also went one step extra and made custom rubber gaskets between the door and the hinges, to stop any oxidation.
SLIM_SNOOPY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door hinge , JK Wrangler , problem , rust , solutions , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.