Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Donor Vehicle For Motor, Trans and Axles

776 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Tscott9330 
#1 ·
So I am thinking about getting a 4 door JKU and swapping in an LQ4 or LQ9 with a 6l80/90E behind it. All this searching for individual drive train components got me wondering if their was a donor vehicle out their that I could buy and get all the parts I need in 1 shot. The engine and trans are easy to find in a donor, but what about the axles? I'm guessing any truck axles would need to be narrowed to fit but that shouldn't be too big of a deal. Is there a vehicle out there that have an LQ4/9 an 6l80/90E and a set of axles (or maybe just a front axle) that are commonly swapped into the JK to improve strength over the stock units?

Tom

#2 ·
I don't think you will find anything, chevy hasn't offered a front axle in a truck in longer than I can remember. Many junk yard axles can be made to work but you shouldn't have trouble finding a front d60 and rear 14bolt in the junk yard.

#3 ·
You can't run a Gen III engine with a 6l80, the 6l80/90 are can driven transmissions which the LS1A and B PCM's cannot control. You will need a Gen IV engine like a LY6 or L96 if you want a 6 liter and a 6l80/90 transmission.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.