Does anyone have the RIPP supercharger? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Does anyone have the RIPP supercharger?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
badazzelanore
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Does anyone have the RIPP supercharger?

If anyone has it, what do you think about it? I deff wouldnt mind having a 100 more hp on tap while driving around but 4000+ maybe I should just hold onto that and use it for a down payment when Chrysler puts a hemi in them...

badazzelanore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I am holding out until this is ready instead:

http://www.avengersuperchargers.com/
Unread 02-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
Tims034x44Fun
2008 JK Wrangler 

I like the avenger over the RIPP, I just really don't want to have to cut a hole in my hood, especially since I'm getting the TMD hood scoop
Tims034x44Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
RIPPMODS
Vendor
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzelanore View Post
If anyone has it, what do you think about it? I deff wouldnt mind having a 100 more hp on tap while driving around but 4000+ maybe I should just hold onto that and use it for a down payment when Chrysler puts a hemi in them...
Our apologies for being forward in advance,

Yes, there are nearly 100 units out there, this same question is always asked over in the the jk-forums and the consensus is they like it a lot. Of those 100 kits 3 were sold off to other clients who are all running soundly. There are units all over the world Dubai to Alaska....

This is the to get info on our products as there are no end users here. Even though none of the competition has any viable information regarding power, drive-ability or reliability- Or most importantly, clients that have driven over 10000 miles of their own (both on and off-road) and posted results.

Gas mileage does go up 2-4mpg and rear wheel HP goes up 90-120whp depending on set up. Please feel free to post or PM for more info. Or ask the same questions over at the JK-Forum. We sponsor both boards and respect everyone's opinion.

Please read through the following links:

Same question as yours:
http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...highlight=ripp

Fresh install:

Install and drive from NY to Cali:

Questions always welcome,

RIPPTECH
2005-2011 Wrangler Supercharger Kits
Most Powerful 3.8L JK's
OVER 1600 SOLD Worldwide
Our Dealer List
718-815-1313
RIPPMODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Rather than start a new thread just yet, I thought I'd bump this one up. Anyone in Maryland who's wondered about the RIPP Supercharger, but like many hasn't ever seen one in person, I'm getting one installed this week at Appalachian Off Road in Westminster and anyone who wants to is welcome to check out the install or see it after it's done and get a real world feel for it, rather than just reading about it on the forums.
I started a fun thread a while back debating between a Hemi and the RIPP kit, with the end result being that I generally wrote off the supercharger, and decided to go with a Hemi. Several months, an anemic economy, a real estate deal in limbo and a deal too good to pass up on a used RIPP supercharger I'm giving the kit a shot. Now, I don't expect it to be a hemi, but I do expect it to perform and will "call it as I see it" in that department. Chris at RIPP couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, despite my reservations and general skepticism and still answered all my questions. His confidence in the product and explanation of the new TRD fix gave me renewed hope that it will be money well spent.

Look for my own thread on the install of the RIPP kit as well as the Brembos I've been going on and on about forever. Fingers crossed the guys at Appalachian will be able to make the Brembos work. And again if you're local don't just read about it come out and see it in person.
AEV: Hood, Skidplate & Bumper, jackstand and Badging Expedition One Rear Bumper,RE 4.5" Long Arm Kit,5.13s, Black Riddler Diff Covers, Hypertech Airaid CAI, PIAA 540s w/flush mounted switch, Flowmaster 40, 325/60/22 BFGs and the list goes on...
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post

It's available NOW. I talked to them in Moab last Thrusday.FYI.
Unread 04-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
Yes, there are nearly 100 units out there, this same question is always asked over in the the jk-forums and the consensus is they like it a lot. ....This is the to get info on our products as there are no end users here. RIPPTECH

There are many of us here, JKB and JKO that have been banned from that forum. It is NOT a free speach site and many have been banned for openly discussing products not supported by the site. I was never allowed to join simply for being "press".

That being said. There are many of your potential customers that do not have access to search for those opinions on that forum. (can't search if not a member)

So any information you can direct us to that does not involve use of that site may be helpful to some. Then you may end up with many testimonials and reviews on any of the other JK sites.

Unread 04-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #8
RIPPMODS
Vendor
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1 View Post
Rather than start a new thread just yet, I thought I'd bump this one up. Anyone in Maryland who's wondered about the RIPP Supercharger, but like many hasn't ever seen one in person, I'm getting one installed this week at Appalachian Off Road in Westminster and anyone who wants to is welcome to check out the install or see it after it's done and get a real world feel for it, rather than just reading about it on the forums.
I started a fun thread a while back debating between a Hemi and the RIPP kit, with the end result being that I generally wrote off the supercharger, and decided to go with a Hemi. Several months, an anemic economy, a real estate deal in limbo and a deal too good to pass up on a used RIPP supercharger I'm giving the kit a shot. Now, I don't expect it to be a hemi, but I do expect it to perform and will "call it as I see it" in that department. Chris at RIPP couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, despite my reservations and general skepticism and still answered all my questions. His confidence in the product and explanation of the new TRD fix gave me renewed hope that it will be money well spent.

Look for my own thread on the install of the RIPP kit as well as the Brembos I've been going on and on about forever. Fingers crossed the guys at Appalachian will be able to make the Brembos work. And again if you're local don't just read about it come out and see it in person.
Great to hear - we look forward to your progress, if the guys over at Appalachian need any assistance please don't hesitate to ask - we are here to make sure your install goes smooth.

RIPPTECH
Most Powerful 3.8L JK's
OVER 1600 SOLD Worldwide
Our Dealer List
718-815-1313
Unread 04-14-2009, 09:00 AM   #9
RIPPMODS
Vendor
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn View Post
There are many of us here, JKB and JKO that have been banned from that forum. It is NOT a free speach site and many have been banned for openly discussing products not supported by the site. I was never allowed to join simply for being "press".

That being said. There are many of your potential customers that do not have access to search for those opinions on that forum. (can't search if not a member)

So any information you can direct us to that does not involve use of that site may be helpful to some. Then you may end up with many testimonials and reviews on any of the other JK sites.

Thank you for that,

Interesting - perspective we will be networking out into more forums to make sure we get the message across. After all our products have passed the stringent MOAB tests. We will be posting progress shortly.

RIPPTECH
Most Powerful 3.8L JK's
OVER 1600 SOLD Worldwide
Our Dealer List
718-815-1313
Unread 04-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I live in Colorado Springs and I have seen the Avenger SC in person. I also saw the RIPP charger in Moab. If I was to buy one tomorrow it would be the RIPP. In talking to both and asking a lot of technical questions the RIPP team seemed to have a lot better idea of what they were doing. The simple fact that they were able to get a "working" model up and running months before anyone else and have more hours of real world testing than anyone else should tell you something!!!
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #11
OlegRock
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have a Ripp SC... had it for 15K miles already. My opinion of it is that it is awesome.....

I drove it from NY-CA and than from CA-NY-Moab-CA .... still running. After really getting used to it I can honestly say that the #'s I get on it I did not expect. 0-50ish it is great, you hardly feel the weight of the JK. 55+ mph you can feel the weight of the JK... but it is still much faster... I have 4.10's,35's, and an auto... before I could hardly do 65mph uphill... now I can do 80+ mph. I prefer the 4.10's it is a little slower on the streets than w/ 5.13's but it lets me do 90 mph with decent mpg.

here's a quick vid I took comming home from Moab...

[yt]GGgcRslcUCc[/yt]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGgcRslcUCc

Last edited by NaeKid; 04-22-2009 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: Fixed video link
OlegRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #12
hulkgreen
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I am a previous Dodge Dealership Mechanic and Jeep enthusiast. I have been on " the other forum " (JK specific) now for almost 2 years. I purchased the RIPP MODS supercharger for Christmas. I did all the research to install a Hemi and if I did the labor myself it was gonna cost over $12,000 by the time you did the exhaust and everything. I called Ripp 3 times ( talked to Chris 1st time and Ross the other 2 ; and one of those was 45 minutes in length). In our present economy it did not take much more to convince me the RIPP supercharger was the ONLY way to go. And 2 days later there was a thread advertising the complete SDS System on sale. It was my thread " on the other forum " that is referred to in RIPPS link " FRESH INSTALL " . Other than EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and a GREAT PRODUCT ( which I paid for ) ..... Ripp has not given me anything!! They are in New York and I live in South Central Louisiana ( city of Lafayette ). If you have any questions about the product I would be happy to answer and I will not hold ANYTHING back.

To start off with my fuel economy was the tipping point for my purchase. I have 4.10 gears the 6-speed transmission and only 33 inch tires; it didn't seem too bad or at least not that much worse than stock !! I have now had the SC for 3 months and it evokes the same feelings as my GUNS ......( You MIGHT be able to pry it from my COLD DEAD HANDS ...... MIGHT ) !!

I have increased 2 mpg overall ( from 14.3 to 16.5 ) with the Mickey Thompson 33 on steel rock crawlin rims and I have increased 4 mpg overall ( 16 to 20.7 ) with my stock tires and rims !! And Honestly with their websites CLAIMS I expected better; but their testing doesn't have 99% humidity 100 % of the year !! It is still better than the " real figures " coming out of all the HEMI installs ..... where the best they can muster is 10 to 13 mpg overall combined after spending in the neighborhood of $20,000 !!!
hulkgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #13
gmd
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post

um it says ready sep 07 lol
pics or your making this all up
n i g h t c r e w #077
BLACK JEEP MEMBER 327

(from:friskeljr)The real test comes when all strength has fled and man must produce victory on will alone...
Courage is the mastery of fear...
http://www.militaryjeepe rs.com/commu...mber.php?u=750
gmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #14
OlegRock
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have the Ripp and it is great. I put 15K miles.... drivingg from NY-CA than CA-NY-Moab-CA .... and this thing is awesome on and offroad. On road.... once you "learn" how to use the pedal correctly, you will love the results. 0-50 mph it's like driving a different vehicle... the JK feals like a feather. 55+ mph it's like the JK with a LOT of added power.

Offroad... I was in Moab and was watching Rubicon 4 dr's w/ 35's and 37's struggling up rocks... even on trails like cliffhanger. and I just found the right light and gassed it... went on a run with similar set ups like myself last weekend and everyone was complimenting me on how easy I made the obstacles look. The more I learn how to control the computer the better and faster this thing gets!

Here's a short clip from my way home from Moab..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGgcRslcUCc
OlegRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #15
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

I finally got my JK back today with the RIPP kit, and made an initial 60 mile test drive with it and will be starting a thread in the morning with an ongoing review of it during the break in period and beyond and I'll try to hit on all the points we've all wondered about and discussed regarding the kit.
AEV: Hood, Skidplate & Bumper, jackstand and Badging Expedition One Rear Bumper,RE 4.5" Long Arm Kit,5.13s, Black Riddler Diff Covers, Hypertech Airaid CAI, PIAA 540s w/flush mounted switch, Flowmaster 40, 325/60/22 BFGs and the list goes on...
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.