Does the 2012 "need" the "loop"???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Does the 2012 "need" the "loop"????

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Does the 2012 "need" the "loop"????

Looking at "loop delete" kits.
Do you think that the 3.6 "needs" the loop to stay "balanced"?
I'm sure that Chrysler put the stupid thing there for a reason..
If I get a Loop delete kit, do you think I"m going to void a bunch of engine warranties???

paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
BadTrainDriver
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yes, twice.
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I donít know if it would void the warranty or not but why mess with it to begin with? Chrysler engineers are no dummies and added it for good reason. It also doesnít hang down below the frame like that has been reported on forums in the past either.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ok, so which exhaust kit do you recommend, the Y pipe without the loop deletion kit?
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
jkbleu
2013 JK Wrangler 

have you seen the teraflex exhaust spacer kit

and look at this video
http://youtu.be/s2CQD68LHSg
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbleu View Post
have you seen the teraflex exhaust spacer kit

and look at this video
http://youtu.be/s2CQD68LHSg
Yes, along with a dozen threads on how the bolts don't fit, how they loosen up and are total crap until they rust in place...

Unread 04-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

bolt ons are not crap, the reason they don't work is because people bolt them on too tight and they bend making a break in the seal. or people don't put them on straight. just put these on my teachers jeep and no troubles 2 weeks in. have someone hold them in place till you get the bolts tight enough. and if you really don't want a leak just weld them in place
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
Kvanek
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have recently seen a nice little skid to cover it. I would protect it rather than remove it.
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvanek View Post
I have recently seen a nice little skid to cover it. I would protect it rather than remove it.
It's not a protection issue, it's the issue of the driveline contacting the exhaust system when you lift it. Therefore melting the boot and destroying the CV joint.

So far the reviews I see on the spacers are 20% positive, 80% negative.
I try to give members of this forum the benefit of the doubt and assume that the ones doing their own work aren't complete morons.

Just my opinion.

So, can you replace the Y pipe without the loop delete, and be okay?
Or should I save the 300$, buy a replacement Tom Woods driveline for 500$ and call it a day.
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
jkbleu
2013 JK Wrangler 

even if you put a skid when you put more than 3 inch of lift the driveshaft interfere with the exhaust that why teraflex develop this kit to get back the exhaust far enough to put a 5-6 inch lift without interference
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
Brian_in_MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
It's not a protection issue, it's the issue of the driveline contacting the exhaust system when you lift it. Therefore melting the boot and destroying the CV joint.

So far the reviews I see on the spacers are 20% positive, 80% negative.

I try to give members of this forum the benefit of the doubt and assume that the ones doing their own work aren't complete morons.

Just my opinion.

So, can you replace the Y pipe without the loop delete, and be okay?
Or should I save the 300$, buy a replacement Tom Woods driveline for 500$ and call it a day.
I'm with you. I looked at the Teraflex spacers and decided against them. I think the way i'm going to do it is just have an exhaust shop fab a new section of pipe. When dealing with a section that short it can't cost too much and you don't have to worry about anything coming loose.
Brian_in_MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #12
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Ok, so which exhaust kit do you recommend, the Y pipe without the loop deletion kit?
It looks like you donít have the JKU which the aFe kit would work perfect so Iím not exactly sure what will work for you. Just recently Rancho introduced an exhaust kit so you might want to check it out. Wish I knew more, good luck.
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #13
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
It looks like you donít have the JKU which the aFe kit would work perfect so Iím not exactly sure what will work for you. Just recently Rancho introduced an exhaust kit so you might want to check it out. Wish I knew more, good luck.
I do have the JKU, its just when I start window shopping I see both the Afe Y pipe kit, and the Y pipe kit with the loop deleter...????
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the aFe standard kit, non-delete and it works great for me.
Unread 04-30-2012, 02:32 AM   #15
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
I donít know if it would void the warranty or not but why mess with it to begin with? Chrysler engineers are no dummies and added it for good reason. It also doesnít hang down below the frame like that has been reported on forums in the past either.
X2....It is there for a reason. If they could get away with out the added cost of putting it in the jeep they would have.
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.