Do It Yourself Jeep Modifications - Pics (and a THANK YOU) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Do It Yourself Jeep Modifications - Pics (and a THANK YOU)

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
second2none
2011 JK Wrangler 

Do It Yourself Jeep Modifications - Pics (and a THANK YOU)

For all of you that have the knowledge, skill and tools to do your own mods, I encourage you to share your skill with others who are eager to learn. I wanted to post this as a major thank you to "BroncoJohn" for doing exactly that. After posting requests for help with some work (replacing my fender flares), he responded and graciously opened up his home garage for the work. He not only had the patience to let me assist in the process, but he taught me a ton along the way. The biggest thing I left with other than a great looking set of flares, was the confidence to try other mods on my own and know that if I go wrong, there is someone I can call for help. Taking the time to teach others as well as sharing your skill and passion for working on rigs is something many of you have the power to do and people like me appreciate it and welcome the opportunity to extend our own abilities in the garage.

I know some of you have gone over to John's house and done a recent gear swap among other work. If you are looking for a mechanic for any job, you really should contact John. You won't find a better guy. Since working with him last week, I installed a stubby bumper and winch this week in my own garage and can't wait to keep going.

Thanks John

second2none is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Way to go secondtonone, and compliments to BroncoJohn for sharing his garage and knowledge! Great to get under your own rig and learn how it ticks, isn't it? She's a beauty, by the way!
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Congrats on a great looking JK....It's a Jeep thing, the forum, the help, the wave, etc.
Unread 08-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by second2none View Post
For all of you that have the knowledge, skill and tools to do your own mods, I encourage you to share your skill with others who are eager to learn. I wanted to post this as a major thank you to "BroncoJohn" for doing exactly that. After posting requests for help with some work (replacing my fender flares), he responded and graciously opened up his home garage for the work. He not only had the patience to let me assist in the process, but he taught me a ton along the way. The biggest thing I left with other than a great looking set of flares, was the confidence to try other mods on my own and know that if I go wrong, there is someone I can call for help. Taking the time to teach others as well as sharing your skill and passion for working on rigs is something many of you have the power to do and people like me appreciate it and welcome the opportunity to extend our own abilities in the garage.

I know some of you have gone over to John's house and done a recent gear swap among other work. If you are looking for a mechanic for any job, you really should contact John. You won't find a better guy. Since working with him last week, I installed a stubby bumper and winch this week in my own garage and can't wait to keep going.

Thanks John

I don't mind helping out my friends with their stuff one bit, but it's hard to find time away from fixing my own ****
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hey what lift and tire size you runnin on that black Rubi?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
second2none
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmonaco View Post
Hey what lift and tire size you runnin on that black Rubi?

I installed a RockKrawler 2.5" coil lift with Bilstein 5100 shocks and I am running 315/70/17 Duratracs on Method Race MR301 Matte Black 17x8.5 wheels.

Here is another pic from a little different angle....

Unread 08-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #7
jeeptrix
2009 JK Wrangler 

I was just admiring how much I like your front bumper, and then I realized I have the same one, only significantly more weathered

Which fairlead mount is that? I like it a lot more than mine. I take it they are universal?
2009 Wrangler Sport JKU: 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ/17" Pro Comp Xtreme Wheels/ 3" BDS Lift/4:88 gears/ARB Lockers/ARB Air Compressor/Rugged Ridge Front Bumper/ Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch/Cold Air Intake/Borla Dual Exhaust/Tuffy Underseat Security and Trunk Enclosure/etc. etc. etc.
jeeptrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

That's about how I want mine to sit when I can afford it. Here it is now. I'm gonna wear out my 32's before I do anything though.

image-2607772636.jpg   image-1277147965.jpg   image-3501889282.jpg  

Unread 08-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm trying to go cheap too. Next goal is chopping my stock bumper down and possibly either prepping for a winch or maybe some lights.

Unread 08-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #10
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Great story and kudos to BroncoJohn for helping you out and giving you the confidence to do your own future mods. So whatís next on your list?
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #11
second2none
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptrix View Post
I was just admiring how much I like your front bumper, and then I realized I have the same one, only significantly more weathered

Which fairlead mount is that? I like it a lot more than mine. I take it they are universal?
It is just the Aluminum Fairlead Mount that came in the box with the Recon 10,500 winch.
Unread 08-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #12
second2none
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Great story and kudos to BroncoJohn for helping you out and giving you the confidence to do your own future mods. So whatís next on your list?
Next is the Rear XHD bumper to match the front as well as the matching tire carrier.
Unread 08-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Looking forward to seeing a write-up on the installs, you are going to do one and take pics arenít you?
Unread 08-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #14
second2none
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Looking forward to seeing a write-up on the installs, you are going to do one and take pics arenít you?
I probably need to...I just get busy starting something in the garage and don't want to stop to take pics, write, etc.
Unread 08-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #15
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I know how that goes; it happens to me a lot, though I regret it later.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.