Do you think DC messed up again? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Do you think DC messed up again?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 08-22-2006, 05:38 AM   #1
newguy66

2008 JK Wrangler 

Do you think DC messed up again?

What are they thinking?That was a great idea.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/21/j...iator-concept/

newguy66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2006, 06:26 AM   #2
ISurvivedNMU
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I like that idea, but I dont see huge sales on it.
Unread 08-22-2006, 06:52 AM   #3
Cerealdaemon
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

well, thats too bad. I really liked the Gladiator, looks like I'm going to have to buy a Brute
Unread 08-22-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISurvivedNMU
I like that idea, but I dont see huge sales on it.
I disagree - I think there was an opportunity for very brisk sales, with relatively low production cost (if they decided to use a stretched JK platform). I think DC really missed out on an opportunity to broaden their overall sales, increase overall profits, and strengthen their image.
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2006, 03:54 PM   #5
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab76
I disagree - I think there was an opportunity for very brisk sales, with relatively low production cost (if they decided to use a stretched JK platform). I think DC really missed out on an opportunity to broaden their overall sales, increase overall profits, and strengthen their image.

It would have made money......I would have bought one along with many others here....

Instead Mercedes....I MEAN....DC decided the Compass was a better offering....sad sad sad....

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #6
RWB214

If anyone from DCX corporate is reading this forum, please speak up. And if so, in the future please take some advice from us every once in awhile! It seems to me that we care more about the Jeep brand than you do. All you care about is cutting costs by putting a minivan engine in the brand's redesigned flagship vehicle, when the vehicle didnt need to be redesigned in the first place! Production of a TJ couldnt be more than $5000 per unit, yet the sticker price is 4 times that!

[/RANT]
RWB214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2006, 04:08 PM   #7
jcd
2008 JK Wrangler 

I honestly think they are missing the mark by not producing a Jeep-based pickup. Too many people I talk to love Jeeps, but want a traditional open-back pickup box. IMHO, the JK design looks much more at home with a box behind it than without and I'd snag one in a heartbeat if they made it...
Unread 08-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

I agree I wish they would have made it... but my guess from the start was it was just to show what the new Wrangler was going to look like...
Unread 08-22-2006, 05:34 PM   #9
Yesfan70
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I wonder if part of it is they are afraid it would cut into sales of Dodge trucks. I would buy a Gladiator before I would a Ram.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

Only in a Jeep...
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2006, 05:41 PM   #10
VT2BAD4U
1990 YJ Wrangler 

And have a diesel engine option. Sure someone will come up with something to hide the bland SSRish looking backend. Spare tire carrier/fuel can combo rear bumper might hide it. Other than that, I want one, too.
VT2BAD4U is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2006, 07:09 PM   #11
Conundrum

RWB214,
I think the Wrangler line was due for a change, yes. But the way DC went, no.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.