DIY Tube kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > DIY Tube kits

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 07-23-2010, 02:56 AM   #1
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

DIY Tube kits

Will any of this stuff possibly work on a JK? I was thinking about ordering the trail stinger and welding it to my stock front bumper... Any maybe figuring a way to work the tube fenders in in some way or another... Anybody think I could do it?

Jeep Tubes

MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:20 AM   #2
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I made a thread on this once upon a time

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/jeeptubes-1059986/

But anyhow; with a little creativity I think both could be done. The stinger would be just stupid easy, obviously its just weld on. however the tube fenders are shaped slightly differently (just an assumption since from what I understand you can fit larger tires with less lift = more open fender wells).

But you could always cut the fenders in half (tubes) and weld in an extension or something to somehow open them up more to better fit your fender lines???
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:39 AM   #3
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

Im sure you could do it...Ive been playing with the idea of welding up some fenders and using fiberglass to fill it in. Those pre bent tubing look pretty sweet though and the price isnt bad. Make sure and do a writeup about it if it every takes off!

I just picked up a lincoln welder and in the process of making a lightbar/roofrack and rockrails already. LOVE being able to weld finally.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:40 AM   #4
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, I was pretty sure that the Stinger would be easy enough.... Its the tube flares that Im worried about... I think the rockers from that site could be used too, just weld em to the frame and you should be good to go.
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:44 AM   #5
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord2 View Post
Im sure you could do it...Ive been playing with the idea of welding up some fenders and using fiberglass to fill it in. Those pre bent tubing look pretty sweet though and the price isnt bad. Make sure and do a writeup about it if it every takes off!

I just picked up a lincoln welder and in the process of making a lightbar/roofrack and rockrails already. LOVE being able to weld finally.
Oh, you know Ill do a write up... I have been welding since I was about 14 but have not done anything serious in the past 2 years since I joined the army until I welded up my front track bar bracket not too long ago and it came out pretty good (solved the problem and doesnt look too bad)... My only thing is I really dont know what kind of welding should be used for what application and I would never try to weld sheet metal being that all I have ever welded with any confidence is stick welding on heavy steel/iron. But I think Im going to buy that stinger simply because its so cheap and if I **** up all I have to do is cut it off and throw it away... I wasted a lot more money on a lot less and either way, it will be a learning experience... I just have to measure and make sure it will fit how I want. If so, Ill have a sick *** stock bumper
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:48 AM   #6
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryJK4455 View Post
Oh, you know Ill do a write up... I have been welding since I was about 14 but have not done anything serious in the past 2 years since I joined the army until I welded up my front track bar bracket not too long ago and it came out pretty good (solved the problem and doesnt look too bad)... My only thing is I really dont know what kind of welding should be used for what application and I would never try to weld sheet metal being that all I have ever welded with any confidence is stick welding on heavy steel/iron. But I think Im going to buy that stinger simply because its so cheap and if I **** up all I have to do is cut it off and throw it away... I wasted a lot more money on a lot less and either way, it will be a learning experience... I just have to measure and make sure it will fit how I want. If so, Ill have a sick *** stock bumper
Make it happen
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:49 AM   #7
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

I actually am using some 3 1/2 oil line pipe thats 1/4" thick for the rails and welding some 1 1/2 solid tube for brackets welded directly to 1/2 plate wich will be welded to the frame. To fill inbetween the brackets will be more plate to smooth it out to preventing getting stuck on a rock
Should be unique and strong to say the least! Im looking at about 80-90lbs per side though.
Everything is free so I dont really care how it turns out
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:51 AM   #8
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Thats kind of intense there ^

I can see no real reason to have any 1/2 steel plate anywhere on your Jeep....... Thats what you build a bridge out of
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:56 AM   #9
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

well the brackets are the only time Im using 1/2 thing stuff, I want to cut holes in it that I can put the solid tubing into for a better bond (like tow hooks attached to bumpers). The plate thats filling in the gaps will be only 3/16" or so.
That stinger is awesome, I want to use the same 3 1/2 pipe for the bumpers as well. I could easily weld that prebent stinger onto it.
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:59 AM   #10
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Hey man, scope this thread out.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/je...stall-1072130/

Looking at it, they can be easily modified to fit the JK, considering how much home fab you need to do to even put them on what they are made for.

Essentially what I get from them is they arent jeep specific. They are an outline of a good looking fender you build to a custom fit.
Unread 07-23-2010, 04:17 AM   #11
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

That is the exact thread where I found out about this company

But like you said, with the fenders, the out line on the JK is way different in shape and size from any previous jeeps.... We'll see how the front and rear stingers go, and then Ill be ordering rockers from there... If all that goes well, we'll see about doing the fenders too Im STOKED!

Ill do some measuring once I get ready for the rockers, Im guessing that the ones for the LJ will probably be the ones I wanna go with since it was a longer wheelbase, but if that is still too short, I think I could probably get the rear tube fender DIY kit and make rockers outta that... I have grinders, cutting wheels, welders and pretty much any tool you could think of, maybe even a tube bender, I have just never used a tube bender before and honestly dont know where to get tube or stock for building this ****.
Unread 07-23-2010, 04:22 AM   #12
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I wouldnt go as far as to say its WAY different.

I think theyre close enough to make it work homie.
Unread 07-23-2010, 04:24 AM   #13
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
I wouldnt go as far as to say its WAY different.

I think theyre close enough to make it work homie.
With a little extra pipe, i think you are correct.
Unread 07-23-2010, 04:25 AM   #14
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Ok, Im going to work... Ill be back on later to see what the big dogs have to say.
Unread 07-23-2010, 04:26 AM   #15
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Honestly I dont even know if you need any more pipe. I dont think it would look bad having the fenders slightly recessed behind the grill.

Tags
bumpers , d.i.y , jeep tubes , JK Wrangler , sliders , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.