DIY Jeep Hood Latch - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > DIY Jeep Hood Latch

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 11-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #31
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Duct tape has a thousand uses, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio View Post
Hey guys, I plugged that water leak with some duct tape! Problem solved.
Toilet paper ain't one ofem-

JIMBO

JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #32
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooneys08JK View Post
You can't just finish your post with blanket statements "Problem Solved". Just as many of us have tried to remove the hood spring and still had flutter. Me included. Obviously that is not a fix for all. I put my hood spring back in after I installed the Daystars and my hood hasn't moved. If your hood spring theory is correct shouldn't my hood be fluttering again??

Similar to, I got death wobble on my ride home today. Swapped in a new steering stabilizer..problem solved.
Of course I can, it solved the problem. If it doesn't for someone else, hey sorry it didn't work for them. (FWIW, if removing the spring doesn't work there's a good chance the rig hasn't had its latches upgraded to the latest factory spec. Used to be an F.O.C. upgrade at the dealers.)

If you put the Daystars on, the hood hasn't fluttered, it isn't bent down at the front corners and you're happy, then we're all happy for you.
SoK66 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #33
robhurlburt
1999 TJ Wrangler 

did you check rockauto? they have them for the TJ for like $3
robhurlburt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #34
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Of course I can, it solved the problem. If it doesn't for someone else, hey sorry it didn't work for them. (FWIW, if removing the spring doesn't work there's a good chance the rig hasn't had its latches upgraded to the latest factory spec. Used to be an F.O.C. upgrade at the dealers.)

If you put the Daystars on, the hood hasn't fluttered, it isn't bent down at the front corners and you're happy, then we're all happy for you.
Your logic/attitude is just fantastic. It solved the problem for YOU! We are all happy for you.

So the next Jeeper who reads this thread with the same issue can go remove his spring because YOU said it worked. Only to be pissed that his hood still flutters because someone on the internet said it worked, even said Problem Solved.

The hood spring is 1 of at least 5 things that can cause hood flutter. In your instance the removal of the spring worked for your driving habits, location, specific jeep, etc. It doesn't work for all and it didn't work for me.

ALSO, please show me documented evidence (pics would be nice) of Daystar hood latches causing damage to the hood. I feel this is just spatting off random internet "facts".

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #35
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thats interesting and I find arguing about "hood flutter" corrections--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooneys08JK View Post
Your logic/attitude is just fantastic. It solved the problem for YOU! We are all happy for you.

So the next Jeeper who reads this thread with the same issue can go remove his spring because YOU said it worked. Only to be pissed that his hood still flutters because someone on the internet said it worked, even said Problem Solved.

The hood spring is 1 of at least 5 things that can cause hood flutter. In your instance the removal of the spring worked for your driving habits, location, specific jeep, etc. It doesn't work for all and it didn't work for me.

ALSO, please show me documented evidence (pics would be nice) of Daystar hood latches causing damage to the hood. I feel this is just spatting off random internet "facts".
Evidence of an abused childhood and a person who is really unhappy with his/her jeep-

Get offit-
JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #36
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Thats interesting and I find arguing about "hood flutter" corrections--

Evidence of an abused childhood and a person who is really unhappy with his/her jeep-

Get offit-
JIMBO
I have no idea what any of this means.

Unread 11-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #37
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

This is well on it's way to be another closed thread in our fine "technical"JK forum. Ha,ha

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #38
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
This is well on it's way to be another closed thread in our fine "technical"JK forum. Ha,ha
Wasn't trying to start anything or get this poor guys thread closed. Just trying to clarify some things. Im done

Unread 11-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #39
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooneys08JK
Wasn't trying to start anything or get this poor guys thread closed. Just trying to clarify some things. Im done
Indeed.
Unread 11-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #40
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Really nice! Did you get that stuff at a home depot?
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:26 AM   #41
fastfreddie

Good thinkin'.
I like the mechanical look.
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #42
HuntTX
2009 JK Wrangler 

You can probably find some of it at home depot the heim joints I got from from Granger. The part numbers are listed and price. the only thing I've noticed since I did this is that when I pass by an 18wheeler thw hood now caves in ever so slightly. But flutter is gone. ive ran about 2000 miles thia way and its been great. For $60 im happy
HuntTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #43
HuntTX
2009 JK Wrangler 

Sorry for the miss type. Sent from my phone.
HuntTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2013, 01:31 AM   #44
Wubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm not understanding why this bothers people?

My YJ did it, my JK does it. So what?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Wubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #45
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

I think it startles JK owners the first time i happens and that sends them off looking for a fix. On early ones (up into early 2008 '09 M.Y. production) Jeep had a service action to install a stiffer side latch assembly. Not sure if they did an even stiffer one in the more current model years. Just another Jeep "opportunity" for the aftermarket.
SoK66 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.