dirty dog or spiderweb - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > dirty dog or spiderweb

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
Cavi

dirty dog or spiderweb

Okay I am going to buy one of the two, and yes I read the original post.
I want current opinions, I like the leaner more finished look of the dirty dog, but the price of the spiderweb is alot better. Also will either alow me just to run the part over the front only?
Durability? Ease to install?

Cavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
0okamiDigital
2006 TJ Wrangler 

pics of mentioned products? ?
Unread 06-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Cavi

sorry, these are the two different sunscreen tops that can be used even with the top on
Unread 06-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
jeepcouple
2012 JK Wrangler 

It's all been said already.
jeepcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Edited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavi View Post
If you do not like repeat threads, don't waist you time replying to them.
Good point.
AEV: Hood, Skidplate & Bumper, jackstand and Badging Expedition One Rear Bumper,RE 4.5" Long Arm Kit,5.13s, Black Riddler Diff Covers, Hypertech Airaid CAI, PIAA 540s w/flush mounted switch, Flowmaster 40, 325/60/22 BFGs and the list goes on...

Last edited by SaharaBlackNo1; 06-07-2009 at 11:28 PM..
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
wbower
2008 JK Wrangler 

Heres 5 pages of SW and DD to dig through
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...light=mesh+top

And heres 18 pages of general mesh top "discussion"
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...light=mesh+top

Yaaaay searching.
wbower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
Cavi

I actually did read both of those threads before and reality is they still left doubts as to my question. That is why I started a new thread. Personally, I do do searches, and yes my other repeat thread as you called it was on the Uconnect and I did post there in the past and did not get the answer I needed, with todays thread I did get the answer. Alot of times people will read a new thread and not read a real long thread that reapears. Personally I do not see how a repeat thread hurts anyone as there is not limit on the number of threads we can have. If you do not like repeat threads, don't waist you time replying to them. Another advantage of this particular new thread is for a newbie that has the same question as me, when he does do a search he will have a few threads to check out, and if my new short thread answers his question he might not need to read 18 pages since he already has his answer
Unread 06-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #8
wbower
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I actually did read both of those threads before and reality is they still left doubts as to my question. That is why I started a new thread. Personally, I do do searches, and yes my other repeat thread as you called it was on the Uconnect and I did post there in the past and did not get the answer I needed, with todays thread I did get the answer. Alot of times people will read a new thread and not read a real long thread that reapears. Personally I do not see how a repeat thread hurts anyone as there is not limit on the number of threads we can have. If you do not like repeat threads, don't waist you time replying to them. Another advantage of this particular new thread is for a newbie that has the same question as me, when he does do a search he will have a few threads to check out, and if my new short thread answers his question he might not need to read 18 pages since he already has his answer
Well if you read the other thread (1st link I gave) then you pretty much saw it was beaten to death with 3 or 4 people going back and forth. I would guess that thread contains the extent of this forums knowledge on the topic.

After reading those threads i decided neither company was worth it and made my own top for fun. Try it. For under 30 bucks, Scissors and a Brick (or hammer if you wanna get fancy) you can make a damn good mesh top.
wbower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 07:00 AM   #9
USAntigoon
Retired from Forum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Okay I am going to buy one of the two, and yes I read the original post.
I want current opinions, I like the leaner more finished look of the dirty dog, but the price of the spiderweb is alot better. Also will either alow me just to run the part over the front only?
Durability? Ease to install?
I ended up buying a Bestop Safari top and a SpiderWeb top. I came to the conclusion that a home made one will be your best solution to satisfy what you need. Keep in mind the materials are not expensive..

Bestop is way overpriced and once you have a door surround, I just cannot get this to fit.. I had 3 replacements and each time Bestop claimed that they had a Quality issue.. but they refuse to deal directly with you the customer.. They are done with me.

Spiderweb, value for the money you pay..The fit can be improved.. the good part is that by using this Spiderweb top you can see over the months of usage where the weaknesses and possible improvements are..

I believe the latter is an easy and not too expensive way to ultimately make one yourself to your full satisfaction..I love the half top system (front seats only), with bungees in the front (3) then cut the front left and right corners 45 degrees (will clear that front top corner molding) bungees on the side and the Bestop strap system around the soundbar..

Hope this helps..

Enjoy
USAntigoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #10
Cavi

the straps for the sound bar sound like a great idea.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.