differential covers - stock JKUR dana 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > differential covers - stock JKUR dana 44

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

differential covers - stock JKUR dana 44

It seems Teraflex works without rubbing the stock suspension. What about Riddler? I've read Poison Spyder rubs and that Riddler makes PS covers, so will they rub too? I've also read that Riddler doesn't hide the bolts and that they can get scraped up and need replaced often.

So... if you want to save money and get a better cover than the stock diff covers for your stock Rubi, what's the best choice?

SoCal_HEMIHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have Teraflex covers know and like 'em. I originally tried the Warn skids and found that they did OK. Kept the rear cover from peeling and did a respectable job of preventing the front cover being pushed into the ring gear. Might be an option for you.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

I have SOLID diff covers, but I have a Sport and em not sure if they will fit over the guts of your diff.
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

my front riddlers didnt rub, but my rears did slightly. Yes the bolts get destroyed. I swapped them to socket head cap screws for a little extra help.
Unread 01-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

No problems with clearance with my riddlers. I would 100% recommend them to anyone. Do NOT use the bolts that come with them, though. They're junk. Snapped two off before I even hit the torque spec on them..
Unread 01-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

good feedback all. Thanks!
Unread 01-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
dgsholar
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm putting Rancho's on this weekend, front and rear, on my 14 JKUR. Will let you know.
Unread 01-15-2014, 03:27 PM   #8
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

Any feedback on "solid" diff covers?

www.polyperformance.com/shop/Solid-Axle-Industries-D44-Differential-Cover-p-2676.html

Seems like a great price, but that's what concerns me.
Unread 01-15-2014, 03:30 PM   #9
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_HEMIHead View Post
Any feedback on "solid" diff covers?

www.polyperformance.com/shop/Solid-Axle-Industries-D44-Differential-Cover-p-2676.html

Seems like a great price, but that's what concerns me.
I have had mine for over a year, they have been bashed on. They are doing great and the price is worth every penny. Havent lost any of the finish, the high fill hole is great. Quality is top notch. Customer service is good. The only true negative is that they have SOLID across the front. Not a huge fan of that but overall, happy and would buy again.
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 12:02 AM   #10
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

I went with an ARB cover up front. It did rub alittle with my steering stabilizer bracket. My SS is flipped and my tie rod is on top of the knuckle so it didn't help that matter.
Unread 01-19-2014, 06:08 AM   #11
dgsholar
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgsholar
I'm putting Rancho's on this weekend, front and rear, on my 14 JKUR. Will let you know.
Put Rancho's on yesterday. On their website it says newly designed. Looks exactly like the ones from Dynatrac. Used Lubelockers for the first time - amazing. Especially for the front cover where working space is tight. I went with what many others recommended, about 25 ft pounds of torque. The Lubelocker package says 15 first, then 35. Several have sheared off bolts using over 25 pounds of torque. All but the very top 3 bolts are recessed. Rancho sends you all new 12 sided, 8mm bolts, new fill and full bolts. You don't reuse anything from existing. Everything went very smooth, done in 2 hours total. Rear in bout 45 min, front a bit longer because of tighter working space. No contact or rubbing on any other components. I'm fully stock, tires, springs and shocks. No lift. Very beefy, 11+ pounds each, looks good, I'm happy. Had Dynatrac covers on my 08 Rubi, these look identical, except Red.
Unread 01-19-2014, 05:10 PM   #12
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

went with arb, no issues thus far
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.