diff gears for 33" tires on a JK. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > diff gears for 33" tires on a JK.

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #16
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Generally if it has the factory hitch installed it will have 3.73 gears.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2014, 02:13 PM   #17
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

If all else fails, you can jack up the back and spin the tire and count number of spins the drive shaft does to make one complete tire rotation. Taht also can tell you what your Gear ratio is... A little more of a PITA but not too bad if you have a decent jack.
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #18
Goose346
2010 JK Wrangler 

Does anyone run 5.13s on 33-inch tires? How is it on the highway?
Goose346 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #19
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Heh Heh, I run 5.38 YUKONS on my '08 JKUR-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose346 View Post
Does anyone run 5.13s on 33-inch tires? How is it on the highway?
It's notta DD, but still gets 17 mpg/70mph/2600 rpm-

My 33" tires are Hankook Dynapro MTs at 33.6"/33.2" installed/30psi-

Good luck

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #20
Giano14
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey Everyone!

So Ive decided on a NEW JK Manual not sure which model yet BUT Ive decided I want 35"s on this bad boy.

Which kit is best to use to lift? I want to lift at the minimum possble and be worried free
Also will 3.73 gears be ok for 35"s?

Thanks
G
Giano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #21
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey Giano, I'd start a new thread and tell us a little bit about what kind of wheeling you do. I'd also check outy the gear ratio chart that been linked several times on the forums....it'll answer the gearing question....and you telling us about what kind of wheeling you do will help us recommend a lift for you.
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2014, 10:15 PM   #22
Todd63
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have 3.21 gears and 33 inch tires with an auto. I would like to tell you it isn't bad, but trust me, you will need new gearing.
Todd63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #23
Giano14
2013 JK Wrangler 

LV Capo -

I saw that and saved the Chart but i was confused. If higher gears help you crawl better then why do you need higher gears with bigger tires for 75MPH? Does the chart refer to highway miles?

I wont do off roading but I will be using this wrangler with daily use and occasionally a trip to VT, Boston, Metlife Stadium. I live in Connecticut and the farthest drive for me would be about 3 hours max. I just want to make sure i dont lift this wrangler and put huge tires on it and then I can travel more than 50mph on the highway because the car wont move.

Does this make sense? - you can reply here or i did start a new thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/h...05/?highlight=
Unread 04-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #24
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey Giano, you did start a new thread but in the wrong forum (ask the mods to move it to the right forum). Fill out your Jeep profile so we know what we are working with.
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #25
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

I have 5.13 with my 35's (33's..) And I really like them. Night and day difference, especially on the highway. Still have to get on it sometimes, but atleast this time it goes lol
Unread 04-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #26
Giano14
2013 JK Wrangler 

MooneyJohn

Thanks this is the answer I was looking for. Now I'm thinking just to find a used 2011 Rubi and go from there. Only thing that has 4.10 gears, will that be ok?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.