Definitive language on Warranty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Definitive language on Warranty

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-29-2008, 07:34 AM   #1
sromain

Definitive language on Warranty

I plan on re-enlisting in the Army...may as well with only 12 years to retirement! My gift to myself will be a Jeep, and I'd like to go with a new JK for the warranty...but I have a problem. I want to mod it out!!

So, is there specific language on what I can, and can't mod on the Jeep? Is a Banks exhaust fine....but leave the manifold alone? Filters?

I'm going to assume that any changes that don't relate to the drivetrain are cool...but someone please correct me if Im wrong.

sromain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

If you really want to know, talk to a service manager and have him show you in writing. You will find that mods do not void your warranty, however if the mod that you did caused the problem then they won't fix it.

Also a banks exhaust is worthless on a computer controlled vehicle unless you reprogram the computer.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2008, 08:25 AM   #3
billycj7

Quote:
Originally Posted by igofshn View Post
If you really want to know, talk to a service manager and have him show you in writing. You will find that mods do not void your warranty, however if the mod that you did caused the problem then they won't fix it.

Also a banks exhaust is worthless on a computer controlled vehicle unless you reprogram the computer.

Sadly enough you will find that anything you do to alter the vehicle can cause the dealership to decline warranty work. There are laws out there that protect you but.....the dealership can say "warranty work denied because of aftermarket parts". It would be up to you to prove that the aftermarket parts did not cause the failure and that can get expensive with legal fees. My advice is to mod it if you want but just be prepared to get denied if you have a crappy dealership..

Moderators.......let people call crap crap, that way it means more when people say something is Quality
billycj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #4
elpato
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sromain View Post
I plan on re-enlisting in the Army...may as well with only 12 years to retirement! My gift to myself will be a Jeep

I hope with 12 years left to go you are putting some money into TSP??? Not blowing it all on the Jeep.
elpato is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
sromain

I have a pretty spartan lifestyle. While some soldiers may need 400-500 / month spending money...I easily do with half. So, yeah, I'd rather mod out a Wrangler and spend my weekends trailing, hiking, biking, camping....

Pretty inexpensive lifestyle.

And to answer your question....10% in the TSP will suit me just fine!

Rough estimates for me (excel is your friend) put my Jeep at $31k with most fo what I want...and at E-5 it's manageable. I NEVER was one of those E-3's with a BMW that took half their paycheck!
sromain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.