Deciphering Engine Codes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Deciphering Engine Codes

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
Wrangler_DEANG
2007 JK Wrangler 

Deciphering Engine Codes

Having some weird issues with the Jeep. (07 Wrangler Unlimited X)
The other morning (two days after an offroading adventure) my Jeep wouldn't start. It wasn't a battery thing or starter because it wasn't even trying to crank over, plus I just put in a new Optima Red Top battery the day before. I just turned the key and nothing. So I pulled out the ignition fuse to check it, but it was fine so threw it back in and tried to start again, it cranked right over. Engine light came on and the red dot in the upper right corner, (the alarm system light) flashed a bunch of times but went away. Later that day the engine light went off and I wrote it off as a weird fluke.

Today the same thing happened. (did some minor offroading last night, nothing real serious at all) I pulled the fuse again just to get it to start and get it to work. After work, I took it to autozone to get it read. Their computer guy gave me these codes:

U110C - lost fuel level message
U0141 - lost communication with front control module
U110E - lost ambient temperature message
11403 - not sure about this one, the guy didn't write this one very legibly

I got the meanings from this website: Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource

The owner's manual isn't very helpful from what I've read. Not really sure what is going on, any ideas?

Wrangler_DEANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'd crawl under it and see if there is any residual from the off-roading trips. Your Jeep is computer controlled. A loose wire or ground, or water in a connector can and will wreak havoc.
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
Wrangler_DEANG
2007 JK Wrangler 

Checked under the hood and crawled under the Jeep; couldn't find anything that looked wrong, no loose connections or anything. Engine light went back off. Seems like something might be tripping or something that it causing the system to burp and locking the engine up that gets reset when I pull the ignition fuse. Really don't want to pay a dealer to look at it though. Anyone ever have similar problems or heard of this before?
Wrangler_DEANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

Haven't heard of anything like this. If someone has maybe they'll chime in shortly. By the looks of the codes, the PCM is not seeing the sensors. Good luck with it.
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.