Is this a decent rack? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Is this a decent rack?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
texas2386
2010 JK Wrangler 

Is this a decent rack?

HighRock 4x4™ Tailgate Rack Bracket with Universal Rack Tray for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Anyone have this or know anything about it? And do you think this would get in the way of a tailgate mount CB antenna?

texas2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
wrestlerobx
2008 JK Wrangler 

dang i thought this was a topic on "racks" not racks. o well. but yes it will prbly get in the way of a cb mount.
Unread 02-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
JKNorth
2008 JK Wrangler 

I looks like it would be in the way of the CB mount. But if you get the CoolTech mount, it wouldn't interfere.

Cool Tech LLC. JK Ultamount CB Antenna System
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

I wouldn't use it!!!
The way it mounts is to the spair tire bracket. A lot of people are having problems with larger tires on the stock bracket, kinks in sheet metal and broken spot welds.
Something like this can be added on a heavy duity tire carrier or I would go with one that mounts to the trailer hitch reciever. They mount down low and tend to be less expensive

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
USAntigoon
Retired from Forum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Why not using one of these hitch baskets... Granted you cannot open the tailgate..The only challenge you might encounter is having a flat.. Well ... no pain, no gain... right..!!!

USAntigoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
texas2386
2010 JK Wrangler 

I actually have a hitch rack, and it is a pain when I have stuff on it because of the tailgate issue. Also, clearance is an issue, so I was wanting to get something up and out of the way...
texas2386 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.