Decal Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Decal Help

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
PhoenixZJ
1995 ZJ 

Decal Help

So I recently purchased a 213 JK unlimited in the gecko green. I need help with ideas on putting decals on it because, well, it's a lot of green haha. What I do know is that I want them in black because I have the black hard top and black wheels. Does anyone have pictures of what they've done to their Jeep? Thanks!!

image-3530159129.jpg

PhoenixZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Yendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

I think it's perfect just the way it is. You're a lucky dog. No fun colors of 14.
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
PhoenixZJ
1995 ZJ 

Yeah I saw that when I was there. It's very sad
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Armor is the best looking way to add contrast imo. Dont put on decals unless the company or whatever has helped you out alot. Stickers belong under the hood
awinski is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 05:18 AM   #5
Wrigley
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
Armor is the best looking way to add contrast imo. Dont put on decals unless the company or whatever has helped you out alot. Stickers belong under the hood
I love the American flags on each side. Where do you get them? I'm going to assume they are "peel and stick" decals? Is there a trick to line them up so they are straight and in the same spots on both sides?

Thanks
Mike
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

I got mine from pixiedecals.com. They are easy enough to align as you are putting them on if you use some soap/water as it gives you a few min to get them aligned once put down.

The key is aligning them where you want them and then marking the spot (I used painters tape) and then spraying the soapy water down and putting the decal on and adjusting it a little as needed before squeegeeing it in place.

I just wish my rig looked as good at the above one! One day!
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #7
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post

I love the American flags on each side. Where do you get them? I'm going to assume they are "peel and stick" decals? Is there a trick to line them up so they are straight and in the same spots on both sides?

Thanks
Mike
If actual decals as bhoch stated. If a stivker it should have a filament that when yiu peel off the backing, you can stick it on but it holds the sticker together. You squeegie it on, then remove the top filament and are left with the sticker
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
PhoenixZJ
1995 ZJ 

I looked at a bunch of things and I agree I should buy things that accent the color but I do want to do some decals I'm thinking of making my jeep a recovery vehicle so I want to place that on the sides of the good and across the top of the front and back glass. Thoughts?
Unread 10-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #9
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixZJ View Post
I looked at a bunch of things and I agree I should buy things that accent the color but I do want to do some decals I'm thinking of making my jeep a recovery vehicle so I want to place that on the sides of the good and across the top of the front and back glass. Thoughts?
I wouldnt do anything like that until you actually do it. Ya know? But I like the idea especially if yiu have a hard top. But I did notice your name on here is the name of my jeep, haha
Unread 10-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #10
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Once you jeep gets a nick name that sticks put it on the hood where the Rubicon sticker goes, otherwise stick with the flags and a club logo.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 01:23 AM   #11
PhoenixZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski
I wouldnt do anything like that until you actually do it. Ya know? But I like the idea especially if yiu have a hard top. But I did notice your name on here is the name of my jeep, haha
that's awesome! And I understand I'm probably going to order a few of the letters since it's only a few dollars as see what it looks like
Unread 10-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #12
PhoenixZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast
Once you jeep gets a nick name that sticks put it on the hood where the Rubicon sticker goes, otherwise stick with the flags and a club logo.
That's a good idea I'll keep that in mind! Thanks!!
Unread 10-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #13
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixZJ View Post
that's awesome! And I understand I'm probably going to order a few of the letters since it's only a few dollars as see what it looks like

uoull underdtand the meaning of Phoenix if you check out my past and current build threads
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #14
LoneStarGecko
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have a terrific Gecko JK also .
You are right, they need a few black accents on the Gecko paint.
I want to add the mat hood decal (across top of hood) but am afraid it won't come out right.
I did put on black side steps with green "Gecko" / lizard stickers.
I also have a sticker on the back hardtop glass (dark tint) that reads "Got Gecko"?
Keep us posted on your additions.

Gecko Green Jeep Club Member # 12
LoneStarGecko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #15
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

The Black hood decal (pixeldecals) isn't that hard to install, should be two people, but one can doit-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGecko View Post
I have a terrific Gecko JK also .
You are right, they need a few black accents on the Gecko paint.
I want to add the mat hood decal (across top of hood) but am afraid it won't come out right.
I did put on black side steps with green "Gecko" / lizard stickers.
I also have a sticker on the back hardtop glass (dark tint) that reads "Got Gecko"?
Keep us posted on your additions.
JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.