Death Wobbles or something else? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Death Wobbles or something else?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 11-30-2007, 06:39 AM   #1
Coopa
2007 JK Wrangler 

Death Wobbles or something else?

It only happens in the first 5 miles or so of driving. Fast wobble in the steering wheel, after 5 miles starts to fade and by the time I'm at work (15 miles) is almost undetectable. It's also gotten worse as it gets colder.

Coopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:52 PM   #2
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a tire issue.
RedRockJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 12:11 AM   #3
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I assume you checked pressures in each tire , felt for any eggs in the sidewall, had balance checked etc.
Unread 12-01-2007, 07:38 AM   #4
Coopa
2007 JK Wrangler 

Pressure was checked... they are all at 26 psi. I didn't notice any bumps in the sidewalls. They were installed on the wheels by Discount Tire, who uses a Hunter balancer IIRC?

Could it be an alignment issue? I haven't had it aligned since the lift.
Coopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 06:54 PM   #5
DougieFresh
2008 JK Wrangler 

You should probably have an alignment done, but I don't see how the alignment would change after driving a few miles to warm up... temperature seems to be causing it since you said it's worse in cold weather... so ya I'd have your tires re-balanced.
OME HD Lift with NitroCharger shocks. JKS front and rear adjustable trackbars. 33" Toyo Open Country MT's on 18" XD Rockstars. JKS Quicker Disco's. RockHard 4x4 Oil Pan Skid. Shrockworks Rock Sliders. Woods SS relocation bracket & evap relocation bracket. sPod switch panel. Tuffy Security Cover

-Drive it like you stole it-
DougieFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2007, 10:36 PM   #6
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

mine do the same. But the wobble stops before i get to the highway so Ill leave it alone. It only happens when its cold in the morning

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.