Death wobble fixed :) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Death wobble fixed :)

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 04-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
straight-pipe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Death wobble fixed :)

Here's my story
07 wrangler stock with 265 dura-trax
no DW
Installed a 2" lift and swapped the dura-trax for 50% wranglers for the summer and keep the dura-tax for winter and no time for wheel alignment.
DEATH WOBBLE!
had to drive max 80k/hr and slow down for bigger bumps.
Got wheel alignment done
DEATH WOBBLE got worse actually
Removed tires and reinstaled dura-trax
DW gone!
bad wranglers
So I have read about those who are hitting their heads on a brick wall trying to solve their DW problem and have spent money and time doing so.

My advise is find someone who doesn't have the problem and convince them to swap tires with you for a test drive. You never know and this doesn't cost anything to test out. Good luck!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.