Dealer knocked off some of the metal heat sheilding cover. Should I be worried? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Dealer knocked off some of the metal heat sheilding cover. Should I be worried?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
Dronac
2008 JK Wrangler 

Dealer knocked off some of the metal heat sheilding cover. Should I be worried?

My local dealer just got done fixing my rear main seal, and upon home inspection, I found that a 4'' patch of the foil over the heat insulation was torn back, and the insulation looks burnt over the exhaust near the transfer case, where it sperates for removal. Should I be concerned?

I'v got to go back anyway because they freaking messed up Knock Circuit 1 according to the check engine light they gave me.

This is the 5th time I'll be going back for this damn leak. It took them 4 trys to fix the leak and now they screw up something else.

Dronac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
mikebigh

1987 YJ Wrangler 

NC should have more than one dealer. I will never go back to a restaurant that made me puke, nah mean. Your heat shield thing.....ok to not worry about it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.