Dealer installed UConnect on 09 Wrangler Unlimited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Dealer installed UConnect on 09 Wrangler Unlimited

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 07-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
rican111
2009 JK Wrangler 

Dealer installed UConnect on 09 Wrangler Unlimited

I just got back from the local Jeep dealer and was quoted a price of $317 installed for adding the uconnect module to my 09 Wrangler unlimited. After reading the issues with getting dealers to activate the module post "self install", I was a little surprised that my local dealer had no issues with doing the installation. He even mentioned that it will be fully covered under the warranty since it will be installed by him. This seems to be a good price since the part itself is $200 plus. Just wondering what everyone else thinks.

rican111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
jdrogers
2002 WJ 

It's a pretty good price if you have the RES or REQ radio. If you have the MyGIG radio then you do not need the $200 part.
jdrogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

That's a pretty straightforward price. It's about MSRP plus an hour of labor on the non-MyGig radio.

I did it myself though using the guide on this forum in a bit less than an hour, and then drove it in to get it flashed (no charge from a local dealership). So if you are even slightly mechanically inclined, just buy the part and do it yourself. Otherwise, that seems like a fair deal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.