Dealer installed parts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Dealer installed parts

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 12-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
RedRocRubi
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Dealer installed parts

My dealer told me they can install just about anything aftermarket on my jk (heated seats,lift,bumpers,power steps and the like and it will be covered under the factory warrenty,Iknow this will cost more than if I do it myself but when things start to go wrong with it they cant refuse to fix it since I took delivery with all the parts added.I have a lot of friends that have built up there rigs only to find the dealer wont touch it because its been modified, any comments.

RedRocRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2006, 02:41 AM   #2
tennistom1
2009 JK Wrangler 

Are those MOPAR accessories or aftermarket independent parts suppliers?
Heated seats sounds good to me especially with the top down when it's chilly. I could put the parts on myself but did enough wrench turning in my youth and would just as soon drive it and pay someone else to work on it.

I'm in NorCal too. Do you mind mentioning the dealer? I might go there too. Would you have to bring them the parts or would they order them for you?
tennistom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2006, 02:58 AM   #3
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

umm...what's the question?
i'm picking up a rubi because i want some stuff covered...other things i'll do myself (modest lift, heavier armor). mostly because i don't have the disposable income to pay someone to do it...
as far as our warranty goes, they won't touch it if "the modifications were the cause of the failed part". that means a new bumper or heated seats isn't going to effect your power train. granted, there is a gray area around suspension modifications, and they'll likely try to screw you there. unless your computer fails, then they'll blame your heated seats.
talk to your dealer to see if they will install aftermarket stuff that isn't mopar. you can get it cheaper elsewhere, and save a little money.
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2006, 06:13 AM   #4
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

It is definitely MOPAR accessories... when the dealer installs them, they are covered under your 3/36 factory warranty. Aftermarket parts like lift kits and such are not covered, even if they install them.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #5
XRussoX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Trust me, I did this on my TJ. I got just about every damn MOPAR accessory I thought I would ever want. Warn Winch, all the Mopar guards (door, gas), RB1. By the time I was done picking options I was only like 30 extra bucks a month over 60 months. And I mean I'm fully loaded, EVERYTHING from the factory. Right now I'm just running off the stock 31s and armoring up my heep... Highly recommended if your dealership will allow.

Russo
XRussoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2006, 08:17 AM   #6
RedRocRubi
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I just wanted to know if other members were getting treated the same.I think buy letting the dealer install the goods before you take delivery they will cover the whole thing.the parts they quoted me were not all mopar parts.will they cover the aftermarket parts? they said they would if you bought and installed thru them. about the heated seats, its an aftermarket item that they install in your factory seats its about $700 installed.I saved about 2500 by getting my jk at invoice +100 so I'm using that money to have this stuff installed.
RedRocRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #7
UTAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocRubi
...will they cover the aftermarket parts?
I bought my '03 with a 3" Teraflex system already installed. The dealer claimed it would have the same 3/36 coverage as the full vehicle warranty. So... I had the dealer put that in writing as an incorporated rider of the sales agreement.

If it ain't in writing a warranty does not exist.

Bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.