daystar uper dash panel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > daystar uper dash panel

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 03-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
Rscal1986
2008 JK Wrangler 

daystar uper dash panel

i was wondering if any one had one. i have a garmin gps and was wondering if it will stand in it so i dont have to suction cup it to the window. if any one has pics that would be great to see it installed thanks

Rscal1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
gills
2007 JK Wrangler 

I don't have the Garmin but I do have the Daystar upper panel...

I love it -- holds my Blackberry in a perfect spot while I'm drivin'.

Don't know why Jeep didn't think of it.
gills is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
cyberpvnk
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have one, will take pics. Due to me being dumb I have a brand new one in the box from Qudratec. It's yours for $20 if you want it. PM me. Best mod I've done so far.

Looking for a 2DR JK softtop in good condition. Located in ILL.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
bendoon
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have one and install was easy. Its a nice piece of kit, holds my sunglasses, cell phone and coffee money lol. Don't think its ideal for holding up a garmin though. Also have the daystar hood latches, also another great piece of kit. Now when a semi blows past me I don't have to worry about my hood being launched into the upper atmopshere.
bendoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 05:00 AM   #5
y2k8jeep

It'll work with a GPS with some help. I lined the bottom of mine mine with the rubber tool chest liner and then put 3m dual lock on the back section of the second tray. A little 3m on the back of my GPS and it works great, velcro would work as well.
y2k8jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 05:26 AM   #6
USAntigoon
Retired from Forum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscal1986 View Post
i was wondering if any one had one. i have a garmin gps and was wondering if it will stand in it so i dont have to suction cup it to the window. if any one has pics that would be great to see it installed thanks

Any GPS and/or Cell phone on the Daystar tray will interfere with the compass signal. The sender is installed under the top panel. I installed my GPS to the LH side.. I have a Garmin Nuvi and a Etrex Legend CX.. the standard Garmin base mount will accept both

I have seen some other pic's here of members installing their GPS on the Daystar or similar trays.. If you don't mind your on board compass and use the GPS then that is your decision to make..
Good Luck..

p.s please also read this thread for further info....

Last edited by USAntigoon; 03-13-2009 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: correct typo's
USAntigoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 08:35 AM   #7
ctown67
2007 JK Wrangler 

i like the daystar.my garmin 76 sits on it ok, but would be better on a mount.
List of stock parts that have been eviscerated.

power steering pump, tie rod, front left knuckle, horn, weld on rear track bar, rear track bar bracket, both rear fenders, front passenger fender, punctured spare tire, rear bar pins, steering stabilizer shock, front drivers side shock, spare tire carrier.
ctown67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

I have my Garmin velcro'd to the hi lip on the back of my daystar.... works perfectly.
ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #9
USAntigoon
Retired from Forum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
I have my Garmin velcro'd to the hi lip on the back of my daystar.... works perfectly.
No issues with the on board dash compass bearings..?
Unread 03-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

ditto - my cell phone or Garmin sitting while ON in the tray locks up the compass reading - have to go through the re-calibrate thing of driving in a circle - got the window mount for the Garmin.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #11
USAntigoon
Retired from Forum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlanderton View Post
ditto - my cell phone or Garmin sitting while ON in the tray locks up the compass reading - have to go through the re-calibrate thing of driving in a circle - got the window mount for the Garmin.
Indeed that's why I mounted my GPS on the LH side..(as shown above..)
Unread 03-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #12
md41969
2008 JK Wrangler 

I throw my GPS up there, need to fab a little mount for it though since it doesn't want to stand up by itself. Just a thought, if I've got my GPS on I don't really care what the compass reading is since it's on the GPS. Hadn't noticed if it were off or not when my GPS is up there but after thinking about it really wouldn't make much difference.
1995 Wrangler

White Jeep Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
"....you know what hurts the most, it's the lack of respect, that hurts the most.....and, and the the other thing hurts too, BUT not as much as the lack of respect..disgusting.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Your dog's head doesn't look like it belongs on his body. Is it an aftermarket head?
md41969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #13
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

I mounted my Garmin just to the left of the daystar panel between the gauges and the daystar panel. Never had a problem with my compass. I guess I'm either lucky or it's just out of range of the compass. I use the panel to hold sunglasses mostly.

Josh

My Club is http://www.co-jo.webs.com/
wjb4000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #14
Jblood
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have one and I have noticed the compas is only affected when I put something magnetic in the slot closet to the driver(not the one with the back board). I'm pretty sure you can put anything in the other one without affecting the compass.

-John
If you're not driving a Jeep, then **** you! -texasdog

Yeah I wanna pay top dollar for inexperience! That's why I take my Jeep to the dealer for service - vadslram

i have a sahara and wheel the piss out of it - JimKuback

Crashing usually happens without prior notice. That is why it is usually referred to as an accident. Actually, it is quite sudden in most cases. - GeneralDisarray
Jblood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #15
elfamiglia
2012 JK Wrangler 

Don't get it. It is practically useless but does look neat there. The recess is small (should have just give us one recess instead of two). My Iphone fits in the bigger one. However, it is too shallow to keep anything. Everything pops out when I make a normal turn or brake semi-quickly. Maybe if I could get some sort of sticky pad, it might help with the grip.
elfamiglia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.