Daystar Dash Panel Mod - Complete Write-Up - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Daystar Dash Panel Mod - Complete Write-Up

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-30-2010, 04:31 AM   #16
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZORBILL View Post
Great work!! I did the same thing minus the grommets. The grommets make it cleaner looking, I might have to grab some. I did just tie a couple knots in the bungee, works fine. I also added a couple led lights to get a bit of light up front.

Wow, the LED's are a fantastic idea, I think I might need this mod too...

paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #17
sampac13
2010 JK Wrangler 

Not sure if there is a writeup for the LED light install but i would love to see how that works as well. I am a noobie but this looks like a mod i would like to do as well. Def getting the Daystar dash panel soon, 25 bucks on amazon seems like a good price.
sampac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #18
-Zona-

Your dash is impecably clean.
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #19
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampac13 View Post
Not sure if there is a writeup for the LED light install but i would love to see how that works as well. I am a noobie but this looks like a mod i would like to do as well. Def getting the Daystar dash panel soon, 25 bucks on amazon seems like a good price.
I just picked up some single led lights from Advanced auto. I have the two in the daystar and two each in each footwell. I just tapped off the dome light wire. It's located on the passenger side, if I remember right it's white with a grey stripe.

Nothing high tech. Just drilled a hole just large enough to push the led bulb through but small enough to keep it in the hole. Wired it up and hoped for the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Zona- View Post
Your dash is impecably clean.
Sorry...I can't help it, ocd.
Unread 12-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #20
Lynhalla

2008 JK Wrangler 

this is great stuff.....been trying to figure out a way to modify...perfect
Lynhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 03:50 AM   #21
vjr021
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj-ing-rj View Post
Good call on the bungee. Do you have the compass option in your JK? If so did you still attached the module to the bottom side of the Daystar dash or did you need to relocate that???
Sorry for not getting back to you on this... but yes, there is a spot on the Daystar dash for the compass module... unscrew from OEM panel, screw on to new one.
vjr021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #22
jonnytc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculz View Post
does this sit on top of that existing center piece or do you have to remove it and insert the new one?
You have to remove and replace it with the daystar piece.

When I first saw this subject I kind of rolled my eyes but I must say I am really impressed what you did. Its a lot more functional now and looks way better. The write up was great as well

2005 LJ Rubicon Unlimited Black--For anywhere I want to go

Did you Wave to a JK today???
jonnytc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #23
Dooter
2007 JK Wrangler 

Metallic Interference with Compass Mod

Someone else mentioned it here. But, if you have the compass module those u-clamps will throw off the compass. Hand knots would probably work fine. If you don't have a compass, that's fine. Otherwise a nice and useful mod.
Dooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #24
BlueLesPaul2006
2012 JK Wrangler 

May just have to do this to mine. Nice write up!

Dang, all this time and I thought it was the famous Jeep Wave!! ~bluegrassguitar
BlueLesPaul2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #25
Lynhalla

2008 JK Wrangler 

very cool, good job
Lynhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #26
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

Great mod....my Daystar on the way. Would like to get a black Jeep decal to cover that Daystar logo!

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #27
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

Completed mine...no pics, but looks the same as the rest. I avoided the grommets and the hardware, just tied the two ends together. It's nice a taut, and no addtl metal to jack up the compass. 10 minute upgrade AND install. Toughest part was getting those clips off the old panel to use on the new one.

For the poster that requested relo on the compass---not necessary. Daystar has the same mounting points on the underside for the compass box.

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #28
smdogs3
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just finished mine

I just finished and installed mine. I had one change. I did not want to buy the full assortment of bungee cords to just get the one. So I went to the hair accessories section at Walmart and found an alternative. It was less expensive ($0.97 for four) and flatter so it has a different look. Because this cord is thinner, I doubled it in the clamp and use nuts as spacers (as the nylon nuts would not thread down enough). I also move the LED light for my alarm to the front so that it can be easily seen through the windshield.
063.jpg   065.jpg   064.jpg  
smdogs3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daystar dash tray , diy , JK Wrangler , modified daystar dash , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.