Daystar! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Daystar!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
07jkman
2012 JK Wrangler 

Daystar!

Does anyone understand daystar lift kits or know aything about them?

07jkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

What do you want to know exactly?
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
WXman
2001 WJ 

All I know is that they are awesome, and they save you $$$$.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
UncieB

This is a daystar lift with flat fenders.
picture-337.jpg  
UncieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
UncieB

I have done a lot of hard wheeling on it and it has handled very well. Please look at some of my posts for pictures of some of my wheelin trips. After two years of hard wheeling my shocks and springs have seen better days. But if you are not so hard on stuff like I am. I do not see why the kit will not last longer. The pucks are in great shape. It is the fact that you are running on mostly stock parts. we all know if stock was great for hard wheeling. The aftermarket company would be out of work. Hit me with some ??? and I will try and answer them. It is a great kit for the price and it does take a beating...
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
UncieB

Here are a few wheeling pics
picture-003.jpg   100_0107.jpg   picture-019.jpg  
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

I had Daystar's 1" body lift on my TJ and the quality was awesome. If I was going to buy another body lift, it would be from Daystar.

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
"Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/ChevTec
WillysEdition04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
07jkman
2012 JK Wrangler 

First off...beautiful jeep! Well i just had some particular questions such as, is it possible for the pucks to come out at long stretch of flexabilty? And does the ride over time become uncomfortable or does it stay so what the same?
07jkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 05:17 AM   #9
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

The only way you'll lose the lift pucks is if you lose the springs first. The spacers sit on top of the spring, so there's no preload on the spring, and slide over the bumpstop. So, there's really nowhere for the puck to go.

Polyurethane won't break down over time like rubber will. It's resistant to dry-rot, chemicals, and other factors that cause rubber to fail. The puck sits in place under constant pressure and will likely be as good as new if you ever remove it down the road.

I've seen some of Rough Country's 3/4" spacers get destroyed from wheeling 40"s, but never any Daystar products.

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
"Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/ChevTec
WillysEdition04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #10
UncieB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07jkman View Post
First off...beautiful jeep! Well i just had some particular questions such as, is it possible for the pucks to come out at long stretch of flexabilty? And does the ride over time become uncomfortable or does it stay so what the same?
Thank you very much!

I guess anything is possible, But from my experience with this kit. I have never been able to flex a spring out or the puck. The main thing to remember and watch for is the kit most be installed correctly. The bump stops and shock should not allow springs or the puck to come out. Some might disagree but this is my belief.

Over time the only thing that changed for me was the stock springs sagged out and the shocks are blown. When the kit was new I thought the ride was fine. It handled the road well and could handle well in the desert. I would say to get better shocks then that come with the kit because I am a big fan of Bilsteins and I like the rebuildable ones the most. A good shock shop can make a Bilstein run unbelievably well.

All and all, the kit was great for the hard wheeling I have done and the price is excellent. I have had no issues and all the naysayers I run with have stopped the talk. I have gotten my money’s worth tenfold.

Tags
jeep , jeep jk , jk , lift kit , suspension lift

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.