David_M is the Winner of The August 2013 JK of the Month Contest! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > David_M is the Winner of The August 2013 JK of the Month Contest!

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

View Poll Results: Vote here for the August 2013, JK of the Month.
Breitling 2 2.35%
BlackOpsRubi 20 23.53%
cosmicbluejk 7 8.24%
Donny90yj 5 5.88%
David_M 28 32.94%
06bluebeast 6 7.06%
Filthy-Beast 17 20.00%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 09-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #46
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling View Post

Nothing to do with HDR, but even if it is how is it changing anything? In my opinion shot "Jeep the month" should have good or excellent look. Shot itself not just Jeep. Getting monster tires and dip them into mud should not be main criteria here I possibly like only one shot from all set, besides mine made by cosmicbluejk, so my vote for him.
How do I go about this without offending you imo and most of the people here. The story matters, I dont watch a movie because they have nice cameras, altough I admit it helps. Photography is not the focus here, and the moment it is is the moment I leave. I chose the jeep that I watched grow from a stocker to what it is now and loved every minute of it, which is black ops rubi. we arent only mud btw, I for one enjoy rocks, but not the ones 3ft from the road. Your pics are nice and your jeep is capable. But poser shots next to the road are something people here USUALLY only do as a sort of joke/ test before theyve gone offroading. An rti ramp would be way cooler! also you are competing with jeeps weve followed for sometimes over a year getting to know the jeep, the build, and the owner. If we havent followed the story part really helps to sum it up. Im not bashing you, but a story will really help people to learn more about you and your jeep. Therefore moving more people in your favor.

Unread 09-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #47
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
How do I go about this without offending you imo and most of the people here. The story matters, I dont watch a movie because they have nice cameras, altough I admit it helps.
It helps???? Did you saw any note about camera brand from me here? Do you think you will get "nice camera" and you will make good shots same day? Funny!!! My comment about horrible shots qualities has nothing to do with camera or Jeeps there, some of them possibly made with "nice camera" too.
Maybe you are the one who might prefer low budget student movies to one made by real pros? Unfortunately you are in different age (not stone for sure ), look around and go to the movie theater to watch some good movie. People who are making them getting big $ for good reasons.
Unread 09-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #48
ncb

Quit being a bunch of Nancys. Cut the **** already.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #49
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
It helps???? Did you saw any note about camera brand from me here? Do you think you will get "nice camera" and you will make good shots same day? Funny!!! My comment about horrible shots qualities has nothing to do with camera or Jeeps there, some of them possibly made with "nice camera" too.
Maybe you are the one who might prefer low budget student movies to one made by real pros? Unfortunately you are in different age (not stone for sure ), look around and go to the movie theater to watch some good movie. People who are making them getting big $ for good reasons.

I can't understand your accent.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #50
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Hahahahaha you failed to get anything out of my message. Let me respond in simpler terms 1) my age has nothing to do with anything here 2) my point was that the story is more important to most of us than camera work. 3) filters are cute, keep them to instagram or to spice up a decent action shot and lastly, ive lost some competitions here and other places. But the winners deserved it and I never pointed out a skill they didnt possess to better myself.

Im done here congrats to who wins!!!
Unread 09-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #51
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Hahahahaha you failed to get anything out of my message. Let me respond in simpler terms 1) my age has nothing to do with anything here 2) my point was that the story is more important to most of us than camera work. 3) filters are cute, keep them to instagram or to spice up a decent action shot and lastly, ive lost some competitions here and other places. But the winners deserved it and I never pointed out a skill they didnt possess to better myself.

Im done here congrats to who wins!!!
How is that response on what I said? Whatever ...
Unread 09-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #52
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post

I can't understand your accent.
Take off your horny helmet ...
Unread 09-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #53
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
How do I go about this without offending you imo and most of the people here. The story matters, I dont watch a movie because they have nice cameras, altough I admit it helps. Photography is not the focus here, and the moment it is is the moment I leave. I chose the jeep that I watched grow from a stocker to what it is now and loved every minute of it, which is black ops rubi. we arent only mud btw, I for one enjoy rocks, but not the ones 3ft from the road. Your pics are nice and your jeep is capable. But poser shots next to the road are something people here USUALLY only do as a sort of joke/ test before theyve gone offroading. An rti ramp would be way cooler! also you are competing with jeeps weve followed for sometimes over a year getting to know the jeep, the build, and the owner. If we havent followed the story part really helps to sum it up. Im not bashing you, but a story will really help people to learn more about you and your jeep. Therefore moving more people in your favor.
Wow this thread took an odd turn.

Thank you for the props and I would add that those that regularly contribute to the forum earn extra votes when in the running ... you and Filthybeast are two that immediately come to mind! Helping others with mechanical and technical knowledge and advice goes a long way toward proving your Jeeps are sound and your builds are well designed.

I do think Breitling has nice pictures and his Jeep looks pretty in them!
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #54
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Congratulations!
David_M

You're The
Winner
of the
August 2013
JK of the Month Contest

JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #55
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

congrats, I've loved following your build thread.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #56
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Congrats!

Unread 09-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #57
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Congrats and a beaut of a rig. Love gecko,
Unread 09-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #58
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Thank You! I greatly appreciate the kind words. A big thank you to the Jeep Forum and Mod's that put on the contest. There were many great rigs worthy of winning this months contest and have no doubt they will win soon. Also, no matter who you voted for... Thanks for participating and making your opinion count.

David M
Unread 09-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #59
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

David_M Congrats!
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #60
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi View Post
David_M Congrats!
I think you should be persistent with your submissions! You got it!!!' Filthy that goes for you also.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.