David_M is the Winner of The August 2013 JK of the Month Contest! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > David_M is the Winner of The August 2013 JK of the Month Contest!

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinLedlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

View Poll Results: Vote here for the August 2013, JK of the Month.
Breitling 2 2.35%
BlackOpsRubi 20 23.53%
cosmicbluejk 7 8.24%
Donny90yj 5 5.88%
David_M 28 32.94%
06bluebeast 6 7.06%
Filthy-Beast 17 20.00%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #31
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling View Post
Are you saying regular Jeep having no choice to win unless they are looking as monster trucks? If you are submitting photos you should at least work on it a little, that is my opinion. I don't care who will win, I can't see horrible shots.
According to the poll it looks like 1 person agrees with you. Wait, that's probably your vote.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #32
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
According to the poll it looks like 1 person agrees with you. Wait, that's probably your vote.

Like I care?
Unread 08-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #33
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Fwiw, you're handier with your camera than I am with mine. Cool pics, I'm trying to get better with mine.

Are you using filters/editing software of any kind?
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #34
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Some shots are horribly overexposed and no control on composition and horizontal/vertical alignment. My opinion - people should focus on photo, not on story ...
Breitling, you have a nice jeep and do some great post production work, the EXIF data was stripped so I could not see what equipment you use. They appear to be HDR photos that blended multiple exposures, nice touch. The crowd here likes action shots. Take that bad boy out on some trails and post those shots.

I'd love to have magazine cover worthy shots of me off-roading but that's hard to do for a few reasons:
I'm driving so I'm not take the photos but getting photos from someone else.
The groups I wheel with would rather drive than stop for photo shoots.
I'm off-roading so I'm not taking my 5D and L series glass on the trail, typically a cell phone or cheap point and shoot.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #35
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
Afternoon vote for the brown 4dr.
I think you mean my black one covered in Mud, thanks!

06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Unread 08-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #36
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
I think you mean my black one covered in Mud, thanks!
Yup , good luck!

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #37
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

I think everyone put it perfectly. **** pictures a good build with a good story is what im after. Its hard to get good action shots on the trail unless you have a camera guy, and even our camera guy rarely wants to get out when the trail gets any bit fun. Unually only when hes spotting or I ask for a quick pic
Unread 08-31-2013, 05:00 AM   #38
DRaGuT
2013 JK Wrangler 

I do think that a good composed shot would make a difference, only when the jeeps are more or less equally build. Guess most people here have instagrams and without having to learn **** about photography we can try out filters and use the coolest looking shot; however, when this is about jeeps and off roading, using filters seems fake/ unreal whatever u wanna call it. The beauty of that moment is sacred and should remain raw and only feels right when it is natural. This is just my opinion

Ps : I also think Jeep in mud looks sexy
DRaGuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #39
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Breitling, you have a nice jeep and do some great post production work, the EXIF data was stripped so I could not see what equipment you use. They appear to be HDR photos that blended multiple exposures, nice touch.
Nothing to do with HDR, but even if it is how is it changing anything? In my opinion shot "Jeep the month" should have good or excellent look. Shot itself not just Jeep. Getting monster tires and dip them into mud should not be main criteria here I possibly like only one shot from all set, besides mine made by cosmicbluejk, so my vote for him.
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #40
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post
Fwiw, you're handier with your camera than I am with mine. Cool pics, I'm trying to get better with mine.

Are you using filters/editing software of any kind?
Thanks, Photoshop and several different filters on top.
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #41
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nothing to do with HDR, but even if it is how is it changing anything? In my opinion shot "Jeep the month" should have good or excellent look. Shot itself not just Jeep. Getting monster tires and dip them into mud should not be main criteria here I possibly like only one shot from all set, besides mine made by cosmicbluejk, so my vote for him.
Slow down don't get all hurt. I wasn't knocking you, your jeep or the photos. I said I liked the HDR effect, even if you didn't use multiple exposures it's still has high dynamic range. Nobody said the most built or dirtiest jeep wins, look at last month's contest, Brandon won and he did not have the most built or dirtiest jeep. He did have a great action shot with wheel in the air, good exposure, focus, rule of thirds etc.

Unread 08-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #42
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Get off your high horse.

How are you 48 years old and such a baby back *****? GeckoFun is that you?

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #43
ncb

Holy **** show. I'll wait until the end to vote.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 11:49 PM   #44
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Poll closes tomorrow night!
Vote now or forever hold your... well just vote now!
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #45
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Morning bump

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.