David_M is the Winner of The August 2013 JK of the Month Contest! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > David_M is the Winner of The August 2013 JK of the Month Contest!

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

View Poll Results: Vote here for the August 2013, JK of the Month.
Breitling 2 2.35%
BlackOpsRubi 20 23.53%
cosmicbluejk 7 8.24%
Donny90yj 5 5.88%
David_M 28 32.94%
06bluebeast 6 7.06%
Filthy-Beast 17 20.00%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

David_M is the Winner of The August 2013 JK of the Month Contest!

It's That Time!
The August 2013
JK of the Month Contest
Starts Now!

Breitling

Mods: Plastidipped rims and Duratracs

BlackOpsRubi

Jeep: Year & Model: 2011 JK Wrangler Rubicon, Transmission: Stock - 6 Speed Manual

Modifications:

Engine / Performance: RIPP GEN II Supercharger (Tactical Package), DiabloSport Tuner, RIPP LT SS headers, MBRP Off-road SS Exhaust, Flow Master Resonator

Suspension / Steering: Rock Krawler 2.5" max travel, RRD Racing Shocks Front and Rear, RC Dual Steering Stabilizer

Wheels & Tires: 35” Goodyear Wrangler MTR w/ Kevlar, Pro Comp Alloy Flat Blk, 17x9 Rims

Armor: AEV Heat Reduction Hood, Poison Spyder Trail Cage, Poison Spyder Crusher Corners, Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Front Bumper, Poison Spyder Rear Brawler Bumper w/ swing mount tire carrier, Poison Spyder Body Armor, Rocker Knockers w/ sliders, Poison Spyder Skid Plates, Poison Spyder Aluminum flat fenders, Solid Axle Industries Diff Covers

Recovery Tools: Warn M8000 Winch w/synthetic line, Bubba Rope, 48” Hi-Lift Jack

Misc.: sPOD modified with DIY backlit air pressure gauge and map lights, PIAA Fog Lights, Viair 400C Onboard Air System w/ 2 gallon tank,

The Story

We both had jeeps before we married, had jeeps together, and then went Jeepless for a few years to raise kids. To celebrate 25 years of marriage and an empty nest we decided to gift ourselves with a new 2011 JK. We don’t want anything that looks “monster truck-ish” or “hummer-esque” and knowing that we never want a trailer queen or dedicated trail rig, we are intentionally keeping the modifications and upgrades on the conservative side. Our mods were meant to be dual purposed, making it capable off road but keeping it stable and comfortable on road.

cosmicbluejk

Mods: 2" Spring lift & Matching shocks
1" Body lift
Trimmed stock rubicon fenders
Front Aussie lunchbox locker
Quick swaybar link disconnects
Chopped front bumper
35" Goodyear MTR/K with wheel spacers

Story. I always liked Jeeps since I was a little girl and my dad took me wheeling. I decided to buy my own in 2011, and just loved the Cosmic blue color. Since getting a Jeep it has turned me into a true Jeep fan, as most of us I am always thinking about and planning for the next mod. I have taken my Jeep which is nicknamed "Smurfette" to Moab in 2012 and 2013 and I am hooked. I plan to go back every year that I can.

Donny90yj

Story: No longer a DD, woohoo!

Mods:
Synergy steering correction kit/flipped drag link
Synergy rear LCA skids/shock mount relocation bracket
Synergy sleeve/gusset/LCA skids
Moog HD tie rods ends
Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
Aussie front locker
Alloy USA Ball Joints
G2/Motive 5.13 gears
3.5" Lift
Cut stock flares
JCR Stage 2 Sliders
PSC evap skid
Warrior rear LED corners, tailgate armor
Dynomax catback system w.3.5" Thrush glasspack
RC Hybrid Stubby front bumper
Viper Max 12,000lb winch w/synthetic line
16x9" American Racing ATX with 1" wheel spacers
345/75r16 BFG M/T
RC front quick disco's
Smooth Booty on the outside, naked on the inside.

David_M

2013 JKU Sport S, 5 speed automatic transmission

Modifications

Drive train:

Dynatrac ProRock 44 Unlimited front Axle, with RCV shafts, Dynatrac Pro-steer ball joints, Reid knuckles, Nitro 4.56 gears, Detroit Locker. Stock rear Dana 44 housing with Nitro 4.56 gears, ARB locker, Nitro 35 spline shafts, EVO Rock Star Skid's. Tom Wood's drive shafts with Spicer U-joints (1310 front/1350 rear).

Wheels/Tires:

37x13.50x17 Toyo Open Country M/T's on ATX Slab Bead locks.

Suspension:

4" lift consists of 4" Evo Plush ride coils, Fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks, All 8 Currie adjustable control arms, front Currie Anti-Rock sway bar, rear stock sway bar with JKS adjustable link extensions, front and rear JKS adjustable track bars, Synergy Tie Rod & Drag Link, Fox Steering Stabilizer, Steel Braided Brake line extensions.

Armor:

Poison Spyder mid width front bumper with lower skid, Poison Spyder rear Rock Brawler II bumper, Poison Spyder Aluminum full width fenders, Poison Spyder Steel Brawler Rockers.

Recovery:

Warn Zeon 10s winch, Or-Fab Spare tire carrier with RotoPax Fuel Jugs and full size spare, 42" High Lift Jack, Cobra 75WX CB on cool tech mount with Firestik antenna.

Other:

Or-Fab Rock Doors, Trek Armor Seat Covers with custom Stitching, Dirty Dog Cargo Nets, SicTrunk's Tonneu Cover, Dirty Dog Sun Shade, Dirty Dog leather Grab Handles, ARB high output compressor, Spod.

Future Planned Mod's:

Rubicon 4:1 Transfer case, PSC Hydro Assist, Ripp Stage II Super Charger. In order of priority.

Story

My love for wrenching on cars and all things automotive began as a child. Helping my dad work on the family cars as a kid was the spark that started it all for me. After graduating high school I purchased a '90 mustang that was a former Texas highway patrol car. Wrenched on it making it a street/strip car until I eventually went all out on it. I turned it into a full blown trailer queen drag car. I raced NMRA series super street outlaw class. The rules were pretty wide open with exception of the fact you had to run true 10.5" wide tires. Best 1/4 mile time it ever ran was 7.71 @ 191 MPH. Then came marriage and kids, the car had to go. About 6 years ago my father-in-law had a '88 YJ. I helped him put a lift on it and do just general maintenance as he has no mechanical ability. That opened my life up to the Love and Joy of Jeeps. My first Jeep was a '99 TJ that I loved and fixed it up to a very capable rig. I installed ARB lockers and 35" tires and it was a blast.

As my family grew and my wife and I had our second son. The need for more room cause me to sell the TJ and buy a 4 door. We purchased a used '07 JKUR. It already had a lift and quite a lot of work already done. I re-geared it to 5.38 amongst other things but honestly there was more and more things about it that I didn't like. I wanted to build a new Jeep up from scratch the way I wanted. With the support of my wife we sold the JKUR and purchased a new 2013 JKU Sport S. Everything you see done was done by me alone in my garage. The rest is history, see my build for more details. Thanks for taking the time to read about my build.

06bluebeast

Rock Krawler 2.5 max travel
Bilstein 5100
teraflex bump stops
nemesis front shock relocation
teraflex exhaust spacers

banks monster exhaust
Smittybilt tire carrier (pos)
35x12.50x17 Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar
Black Rock 909b 17x8
ACE rock sliders
Poison spyder diff cover in rear
JCR dagger stubby
warn 9.5ti
stubby antenna
RR grill mesh

Filthy-Beast

Bruiser

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Suspension:

Metalcloak Game changer 3.5” lift with game changer shocks

Wheels/Tires:

Stock Rubi wheels

Spidertrax 1.75” spacers

Goodyear 35” MTRs with Kevlar

Armor:

RiverRaider full skids – oil, trans, transfer case, gas tank.

Ace rock rails

Ace rear tire carrier bumper

Poison Spyder brawler lite front bumper with lower skid

Poison Spyder Crusher flares

Poison Spyder diff covers

Accessories:

Warn 9.5CTI with synthetic line

Trucklite headlights

Uniden 520 CB, Wilson 4ft flex antenna

STORY

We’ve been wheeling for several years and all the kids have TJs and I have nicely built 6-speed Rubi LJ. Wife’s arthritis was making it hard for her to drive the stick so we got an automatic 2013 JK Unlimited Rubicon. Being new to the JK scene I spent 4 months researching and ordering parts and then about 2 months building. This JK is amazing and I’ve had a blast breaking it in for the wife!

Future mods include building up to be able to run 37s, sports cage, half doors.

Well, There you have it!
Another great show with some amazing photography
Good Luck To All

JLC08JK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Nice collection of Jeeps this month. good Luck all!

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Wheres the 'vote all' button?

Best of luck to everyone!
Unread 08-25-2013, 03:12 AM   #4
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow, this is hard. Blackops, Donny, David, and Filthy you're making this difficult.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 05:34 AM   #5
DRaGuT
2013 JK Wrangler 

Good luck all. Great builds. Filthy beast that was some serious mudding may I ask how do u properly clean up after mudding like that ?

C K
DRaGuT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Holy smokes! Great line up this month!
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaGuT View Post
Good luck all. Great builds. Filthy beast that was some serious mudding may I ask how do u properly clean up after mudding like that ?

C K
Takes several days to get it clean. Pull roll bar pads and throw in the washer. Pull rugs and power wash. Hose down seats and inside. Sprinkler underneath over night. Hardest part is the dash and involves the use of an old toothbrush.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #8
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

C K
Yeah, he truly made that thing a "Filthy Beast" . Good Luck to everybody!
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #9
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Damn this is a tough choice.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #10
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Just noticed Donny has round tail lights too.

Bump.
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #11
donny90yj
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi
Just noticed Donny has round tail lights too.

Bump.
Yes ma'am, the cheap warrior corners. I would like to do full corners like yours eventually but not necessary for me at the moment, or in the budget.
donny90yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #12
woodsmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Damn this is a tough choice.
Definitely! However, I gotta go with Filthy Beast.
woodsmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #13
DRaGuT
2013 JK Wrangler 

Do they make a yearly contest with the winners of every month? That would be cool
DRaGuT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #14
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Do they make a yearly contest with the winners of every month? That would be cool

Yes they do, JK of the year!!

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #15
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsmann View Post

Definitely! However, I gotta go with Filthy Beast.
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.