Dash Board Damage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Dash Board Damage

Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!All our Different Weld Washers!Panhard Parts & Kits from Ruffstuff!

Unread 12-20-2006, 12:30 PM   #1
Airbob

Dash Board Damage

Hi, my name is Bob and I am a recovering Audi TT owner who's curing his addiction with a brand 07' JK X in Rescue Green. Just picked up my Jeep on Monday and noticed a small spot of adhesive on the dash. I took it back to the dealer and they used some solvent to clean it off. Now, three days later, the dash has discolored from where they tried to get rid of the mystery glue. The area is now about two inches square. Any opinions on options I have at this point in time? Dealership did a very poor job in preping my JK - no floor mats, no window sticker, small dent from driver front door swinging into the body, and no second key - it was an inventory trade from another dealer. Thanks.

Airbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
surfcaster
2006 LJ Wrangler 

First off, welcome to the Jeep family! If the vehicle you ordered was not up to par, why did you accept it? I would go back to the dealer and tell him that you want what you paid for. The vehicle should be in pristine condition when you pick it up. I'm not sure about Florida but most states require that the sticker be on the vehicle when you pick it up. As for the dash, tell him that you are not happy with it. The floor mats are an option (unfortunately), did you pay for them? The dent is BS, the dealer should be liable to fix it unless he says that it was not there when you recieved it. Hopefully he will rectify the problems.
surfcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2006, 01:32 AM   #3
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

sounds like they used something harsh to remove the sticker, something acetone based, and didn't clean the residue up afterwards. bastards. i'd bring it back into them and raise a little hell
on a side note, a girlfriend over here just bought a TT. i got to drive her back from eye surgery. man, that was a fun time. i'm glad she couldn't see....
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2006, 10:24 AM   #4
ltdanyj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd use it to get some "accesories" from the dealer....
ltdanyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2006, 07:52 AM   #5
Airbob

Thanks for the ideas. They're fixing the dent today and the dash is being looked at by some Jeep rep so hopefully it will be taken care of soon.
Airbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2006, 09:00 AM   #6
surfcaster
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear that they are taking care of it.
surfcaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.