cylinder head - Poor jeep customer service - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > cylinder head - Poor jeep customer service

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Reply
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
f63457
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wheat ridge, co
Posts: 1
cylinder head - Poor jeep customer service

I purchased a 2012 wrangler in the first part of 2012. today the engine light came on. I took the vehicle into the shop. The vehicle is obviously still under warranty. The dealership stated that the issue was a cylinder head that needed to be replaced. upon further research I discovered that many were having this same issue. As it turns out the part is backordered and a delivery date/installation date cannot be determined. The dealership also stated that they would not recommend that I drive the vehicle.

The root of the issue is the car/engine itself. Jeep appears to be at least somewhat ignoring the problem. The other issue is that this couldn't have happened at a worse time. I am moving at the end of the week. I cannot delay my move for 3 or 4 weeks because of jeep. Jeep is also not willing to assist with a rental car because I am "crossing state lines" they also will not ship my jeep to a dealership where I am moving.

the way I would put it, what would happen to you if you had this problem on vacation?

This is likely last of many chrysler products I will own. Anyone know a good lemon law lawyer or someone who has experience dealing with automakers? Oh and I wouldnt buy from go west jeep in denver either. not very helpful.

You will probably see this on other jeep forums. I want to get the word out on this BS

f63457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
2Five22
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wickenburg, Arizona
Posts: 171
Implementation of 'Lemon Law' usually requires a number of significant issues over a period of time or a total amount of time that the customer is deprived use of their vehicle during a given period of time.

Time to do some homework - http://www.coloradoattorneygeneral.g...de/automobiles
__________________
'13 JK Rubicon in white - the German Shepherd's
'13 JKU Sport in gecko - her Majesty's

I am just the chauffeur.
2Five22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
djm
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PENNINGTON, NJ
Posts: 413
Contact Jeep Customer relations in Michigan - last year when we needed a part for my daughters 2004 and it was out of stock - undetermined when one would be available - they rented her a car for 9 weeks. Her Jeep was, ok still is, a 2004 and was out of warranty but they paid her rental car anyway. Be polite, explain your situation, ask for help. Remember they don't have to do anything, appeal to their customer relations side.

Good luck


ps I had the same issue with my 2012, but because the problem is so widespread, my dealer stocks the replacement head so their is usually no delay.
djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #4
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler
 
WhiteOut's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by f63457 View Post

This is likely last of many chrysler products I will own. Anyone know a good lemon law lawyer or someone who has experience dealing with automakers? Oh and I wouldnt buy from go west jeep in denver either. not very helpful.
Lol, go read about what Lemon Law actually is. I'm sure people will be shocked to hear that a Jeep dealer is not giving you a rental and that this head issue has come up.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:14 AM   #5
Rtone1583
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm View Post
Be polite, explain your situation, ask for help. Remember they don't have to do anything, appeal to their customer relations side.
Considering the tone of the original post I'd be willing to bet that it is far too late to be polite.
Rtone1583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #6
Rtone1583
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by f63457 View Post
I purchased a 2012 wrangler in the first part of 2012. today the engine light came on. I took the vehicle into the shop. The vehicle is obviously still under warranty. The dealership stated that the issue was a cylinder head that needed to be replaced. upon further research I discovered that many were having this same issue. As it turns out the part is backordered and a delivery date/installation date cannot be determined. The dealership also stated that they would not recommend that I drive the vehicle.

The root of the issue is the car/engine itself. Jeep appears to be at least somewhat ignoring the problem. The other issue is that this couldn't have happened at a worse time. I am moving at the end of the week. I cannot delay my move for 3 or 4 weeks because of jeep. Jeep is also not willing to assist with a rental car because I am "crossing state lines" they also will not ship my jeep to a dealership where I am moving.

the way I would put it, what would happen to you if you had this problem on vacation?

This is likely last of many chrysler products I will own. Anyone know a good lemon law lawyer or someone who has experience dealing with automakers? Oh and I wouldnt buy from go west jeep in denver either. not very helpful.

You will probably see this on other jeep forums. I want to get the word out on this BS
Jeep isn't somewhat ignoring the problem. To the best of my knowledge they have fully acknowledged the problem and are taking steps to fix it. Unfortunately, seeing as how there were approximately 200,000 Wranglers (not sure how many have problems though) made in 2012, the problem isn't just all about you and they've got all those others (you know the ones who got in line before you) to fix also.
Rtone1583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
djm
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PENNINGTON, NJ
Posts: 413
In NJ you do not need a lawyer to pursue a Lemon Law complaint. The law is clear as to what constitutes a Lemon, the obligations of the company and the obligations of the consumer. For a $50.00 the NJ Department of Consumer Protection will file your Lemon Law complaint for you and work with you thru the process. There are very strict and clear cut time lines.

It is very important to bring your vehicle into the dealership for warranty service the very first time you have a warranty issue because in NJ that sets the standard for all future actions. For example, if you have a warranty issue at 425 miles and bring it in to be serviced, then down the road it turns out that you do actually have a lemon, even if the actual lemon issue is different than the original warranty issue, the mileage is set at the original 425 miles.

I would also ask the dealer service manager to tell you in writing if you can use the vehicle or not. In NJ once the vehicle is out of service for 20 days total, does not have to be consecutive, it could be declared a Lemon. If the dealership tells you NOT to operate the vehicle that would be considered out of service. Even if its out of service for 15 days for this and then later on during the first 2 years it is out of service for another 5 days total, it could trigger the provisions of the Lemon Law in NJ.

In NJ there are 2 options that come into play regarding vehicles that are "Lemons". One option is an exact replacement of your vehicle, no price negotiation, exact replacement and if you want any extras or upgrades you pay full MSRP for the upgrades.

Option # 2 is the manufacturer does a vehicle repurchase. They buy your "lemon" for what what you actually paid for it, including anything you added including extended warranties, service contracts, accessories such as a winch, trailer hitch, floor mats, 2 way radios, lighting etc. as long as you have the receipt for the added equipment, including any sales tax you paid on the vehicle or the added equipment. There is a formula they use regarding mileage that comes to about $0.28 per mile that get deducted, based upon the mileage when you first started having problems. So, it is very important to report the first issue you have. Proper reporting could save you a substantial amount of money. 10,000 miles equals $2800.00 nothing to ignore. With this option manufacture sends you a check, you can take it and do anything you want with it !
djm is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.