JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   cylinder head - Poor jeep customer service (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/cylinder-head-poor-jeep-customer-service-1540956/)

f63457 06-24-2013 08:01 PM

cylinder head - Poor jeep customer service

I purchased a 2012 wrangler in the first part of 2012. today the engine light came on. I took the vehicle into the shop. The vehicle is obviously still under warranty. The dealership stated that the issue was a cylinder head that needed to be replaced. upon further research I discovered that many were having this same issue. As it turns out the part is backordered and a delivery date/installation date cannot be determined. The dealership also stated that they would not recommend that I drive the vehicle.

The root of the issue is the car/engine itself. Jeep appears to be at least somewhat ignoring the problem. The other issue is that this couldn't have happened at a worse time. I am moving at the end of the week. I cannot delay my move for 3 or 4 weeks because of jeep. Jeep is also not willing to assist with a rental car because I am "crossing state lines" they also will not ship my jeep to a dealership where I am moving.

the way I would put it, what would happen to you if you had this problem on vacation?

This is likely last of many chrysler products I will own. Anyone know a good lemon law lawyer or someone who has experience dealing with automakers? Oh and I wouldnt buy from go west jeep in denver either. not very helpful.

You will probably see this on other jeep forums. I want to get the word out on this BS

2Five22 06-24-2013 10:31 PM

Implementation of 'Lemon Law' usually requires a number of significant issues over a period of time or a total amount of time that the customer is deprived use of their vehicle during a given period of time.

Time to do some homework - http://www.coloradoattorneygeneral.g...de/automobiles

djm 06-24-2013 10:47 PM

Contact Jeep Customer relations in Michigan - last year when we needed a part for my daughters 2004 and it was out of stock - undetermined when one would be available - they rented her a car for 9 weeks. Her Jeep was, ok still is, a 2004 and was out of warranty but they paid her rental car anyway. Be polite, explain your situation, ask for help. Remember they don't have to do anything, appeal to their customer relations side.

Good luck

ps I had the same issue with my 2012, but because the problem is so widespread, my dealer stocks the replacement head so their is usually no delay.

WhiteOut 06-24-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f63457 (Post 15603177)

This is likely last of many chrysler products I will own. Anyone know a good lemon law lawyer or someone who has experience dealing with automakers? Oh and I wouldnt buy from go west jeep in denver either. not very helpful.

Lol, go read about what Lemon Law actually is. I'm sure people will be shocked to hear that a Jeep dealer is not giving you a rental and that this head issue has come up.

Rtone1583 06-25-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djm (Post 15603852)
Be polite, explain your situation, ask for help. Remember they don't have to do anything, appeal to their customer relations side.

Considering the tone of the original post I'd be willing to bet that it is far too late to be polite.

Rtone1583 06-25-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f63457 (Post 15603177)
I purchased a 2012 wrangler in the first part of 2012. today the engine light came on. I took the vehicle into the shop. The vehicle is obviously still under warranty. The dealership stated that the issue was a cylinder head that needed to be replaced. upon further research I discovered that many were having this same issue. As it turns out the part is backordered and a delivery date/installation date cannot be determined. The dealership also stated that they would not recommend that I drive the vehicle.

The root of the issue is the car/engine itself. Jeep appears to be at least somewhat ignoring the problem. The other issue is that this couldn't have happened at a worse time. I am moving at the end of the week. I cannot delay my move for 3 or 4 weeks because of jeep. Jeep is also not willing to assist with a rental car because I am "crossing state lines" they also will not ship my jeep to a dealership where I am moving.

the way I would put it, what would happen to you if you had this problem on vacation?

You will probably see this on other jeep forums. I want to get the word out on this BS

Jeep isn't somewhat ignoring the problem. To the best of my knowledge they have fully acknowledged the problem and are taking steps to fix it. Unfortunately, seeing as how there were approximately 200,000 Wranglers (not sure how many have problems though) made in 2012, the problem isn't just all about you and they've got all those others (you know the ones who got in line before you) to fix also.

djm 06-25-2013 10:03 AM

In NJ you do not need a lawyer to pursue a Lemon Law complaint. The law is clear as to what constitutes a Lemon, the obligations of the company and the obligations of the consumer. For a $50.00 the NJ Department of Consumer Protection will file your Lemon Law complaint for you and work with you thru the process. There are very strict and clear cut time lines.

It is very important to bring your vehicle into the dealership for warranty service the very first time you have a warranty issue because in NJ that sets the standard for all future actions. For example, if you have a warranty issue at 425 miles and bring it in to be serviced, then down the road it turns out that you do actually have a lemon, even if the actual lemon issue is different than the original warranty issue, the mileage is set at the original 425 miles.

I would also ask the dealer service manager to tell you in writing if you can use the vehicle or not. In NJ once the vehicle is out of service for 20 days total, does not have to be consecutive, it could be declared a Lemon. If the dealership tells you NOT to operate the vehicle that would be considered out of service. Even if its out of service for 15 days for this and then later on during the first 2 years it is out of service for another 5 days total, it could trigger the provisions of the Lemon Law in NJ.

In NJ there are 2 options that come into play regarding vehicles that are "Lemons". One option is an exact replacement of your vehicle, no price negotiation, exact replacement and if you want any extras or upgrades you pay full MSRP for the upgrades.

Option # 2 is the manufacturer does a vehicle repurchase. They buy your "lemon" for what what you actually paid for it, including anything you added including extended warranties, service contracts, accessories such as a winch, trailer hitch, floor mats, 2 way radios, lighting etc. as long as you have the receipt for the added equipment, including any sales tax you paid on the vehicle or the added equipment. There is a formula they use regarding mileage that comes to about $0.28 per mile that get deducted, based upon the mileage when you first started having problems. So, it is very important to report the first issue you have. Proper reporting could save you a substantial amount of money. 10,000 miles equals $2800.00 nothing to ignore. With this option manufacture sends you a check, you can take it and do anything you want with it !

The time now is 03:40 PM.