Custom Gear Shift Knobs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Custom Gear Shift Knobs

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
BatJeepRises
2013 JK Wrangler 

Custom Gear Shift Knobs

Hello, sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I literally bought my first Jeep two days ago. 2013 JK Sport. My friend directed me to this forum.

I'm looking to make custom gear shift knobs, but not of the normal round variety. (To be honest, I'm looking to make the Batman symbol.) My question is what I should use to do this. Should I buy a custom molding machine and carve the molds myself? And what should I mold the knobs out of, a type of hard resin? Any advice would be great, thanks everyone.

BatJeepRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
BatJeepRises
2013 JK Wrangler 

Oh, and if you couldn't the from my post/username, I'm going to make a mod Batman would be happy to use. If Batman needed to go off-road, of course.

Now. If I could figure out a way to shoot a grappling hook attached to a winch wire...
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #3
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the Club
Your question might be better suited to our Fabrication Forum which you can find down the list on the main forum page or scrolling down the forum jump at the bottom of this page.
If I was making such a thing it would either be carved out of wood or made from metal pieces welded together.

Good luck with your project and show us some picture as it progresses!

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 03:25 AM   #4
Green08

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatJeepRises View Post
Hello, sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I literally bought my first Jeep two days ago. 2013 JK Sport. My friend directed me to this forum.

I'm looking to make custom gear shift knobs, but not of the normal round variety. (To be honest, I'm looking to make the Batman symbol.) My question is what I should use to do this. Should I buy a custom molding machine and carve the molds myself? And what should I mold the knobs out of, a type of hard resin? Any advice would be great, thanks everyone.
As it sounds like you want to mass produce to sell my only concern would be licensing.
Green08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
BatJeepRises
2013 JK Wrangler 

No, not mass production at all. Resin casting was just the first thing I thought of when I started thinking about it. I'll check the fabrication forum, though. Thanks!
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #6
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

You could see if any company's make custom knob handles. Than if they do have them make one up for you.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
BatJeepRises
2013 JK Wrangler 

I did a search online, most of the custom places I found either A) won' t do copyrighted things, or B) only do round or otherwise normal shaped knobs.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.