Currie 4" lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Currie 4" lift

Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Iron Rock Offroad products - get them from Kolak!

Unread 05-18-2015, 10:14 PM   #1
akdiesel
2012 JK Wrangler 

Currie 4" lift

Anyone here running a 4" Currie Antirock lift on a JKU? I am interested due to a neat YouTube video for Iron Hornet Offroad but can't find any info on their Jeep and they haven't posted on FB or Instagram in like a year so doubt they are still around. Lift look to articulate well and the AR swaybar seems to ride well. Also what shocks? I love Kings but don't know how any shocks would do in the winters up here. Thanks guys!

Unread 05-19-2015, 12:03 AM   #2
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

I don't have a Currie lift so to speak though I do have Currie control arms, track bars and full Anti Rock system. All of their products are top notch. The Anti Rock system is great, no disconnecting and great flex with a good fealing of control.
I have Elka shocks that are made for Teraflex and really like them though I'm not sure how available they are now. Teraflex doesn't list them on their site anymore. Fox shocks are a more affordable option. I haven't tried Fox so I can't compare the two.
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2015, 11:12 AM   #3
akdiesel
2012 JK Wrangler 

Glad to hear they make quality products. I am excited to get the Jeep lifted but want to make sure I'm doing it right so I only have to do it once. From videos the AR looks awesome though there isn't much rock crawling up here I like trails and adventuring with my wife and kids. I think fox maybe the way to go since kings are so much but I'm not sure
Unread 05-19-2015, 01:11 PM   #4
YATZI1980
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdiesel
Glad to hear they make quality products. I am excited to get the Jeep lifted but want to make sure I'm doing it right so I only have to do it once. From videos the AR looks awesome though there isn't much rock crawling up here I like trails and adventuring with my wife and kids. I think fox maybe the way to go since kings are so much but I'm not sure
Just curious but any reason why 4" lift? Are you set on that height or just interested because of the video ?
YATZI1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #5
yoyoyo109
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YATZI1980 View Post
Just curious but any reason why 4" lift? Are you set on that height or just interested because of the video ?
+1 on this
Unread 05-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #6
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

Had their 4" kit a TJ. Great lift and super flexy.
Unread 05-19-2015, 04:38 PM   #7
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The flex, articulation, travel is mostly dependent on the shocks. Shocks depend on bump stop extention and mount location. A longer compressed shock length does not always mean a longer stroke.

If your after travel put some thought into your shocks.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #8
YATZI1980
2011 JK Wrangler 

Ok. TJ and JK totally different animal. 2.5" is popular/ economic for the jk and you can up to 37" tires depending on other factors (fenders/wheels etc..) above 2.5" gets expensive around $1k per inch on avg and may require many additional components like drive shafts etc... But the possibilities are endless so build whatever you like. But my advice.... DO NOT BUY A CHEAP LIFT. By cheap I mean incomplete and low quality. You will regret it and end up spending the money anyway. There's lots of good info on here and some really smart people that will gladly give advice. Best of luck.
YATZI1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #9
duneslider
Web Wheeler
2007 JK Wrangler 

The Fox shocks are a great shock but they really are geared towards high speed desert runs. That may not be the best fit for your type of jeeping. Not saying they won't be good but they may not be the best fit.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2015, 10:08 PM   #10
akdiesel
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Alaska apparently is quite strict about fenders covering tires. I want to run flat fenders but don't want to be completely harassed though I've considered it to stay lower center of gravity. I like the jeep in the video quite a bit and want to eventually upgrade axles and run 37s.

Quote:
Ok. TJ and JK totally different animal. 2.5" is popular/ economic for the jk and you can up to 37" tires depending on other factors (fenders/wheels etc..) above 2.5" gets expensive around $1k per inch on avg and may require many additional components like drive shafts etc... But the possibilities are endless so build whatever you like. But my advice.... DO NOT BUY A CHEAP LIFT. By cheap I mean incomplete and low quality. You will regret it and end up spending the money anyway. There's lots of good info on here and some really smart people that will gladly give advice. Best of luck.
Thanks. I learned from previous rigs not to buy cheap. Do it once and do it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneslider View Post
The Fox shocks are a great shock but they really are geared towards high speed desert runs. That may not be the best fit for your type of jeeping. Not saying they won't be good but they may not be the best fit.
Good point. I do need to research shocks a bit more...the climate here is -50 to 90 depending on the season and it's all mudding and trails so rock crawler or desert **** doesn't really apply...I haven't found a recipe for up here like there are so many for normal environments in the States
Unread 05-20-2015, 10:29 AM   #11
duneslider
Web Wheeler
2007 JK Wrangler 

Might want to look at the bilstein 5150,5165.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.