CRD 35"s - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-14-2016, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
NielsC

CRD 35"s

Hi all,
I am new to this forum and I'm about to buy a 2011 or later CRD rubicon (with the new interior, engine and gearbox)
Are there any CRD owners here?
I would like to know if it is possible to fit 35's on the 200hp CRD with the new 5 speed auto gearbox without regearing?
The CRD auto's(also rubicon) come with 3.73 gearing by default.
Manual with 4.1.
Would this be possible or will the gearing be off too much?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-14-2016, 02:50 PM
arbakken
2015 JK Wrangler 

I hope someone chimes in with the answer, but 99% of us are from the US and don't get the diesel...
post #3 of 7 Old 05-14-2016, 09:28 PM
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
yea you wont find much info since they are not sold here in the USA. I can say from having the same auto i think if its the W5auto. 3.73 is a bit low. Here the auto Rubi does have the option of 4.1<3.6 petrol and its one to get as that is about MIN. for 35 in the auto. I would think 3.73 may work in the diesel better maybe than a gas?, but not sure how well. people run that 3.73 with 35 on the 3.6. just to give you an idea i am at 2300rpm at about 73mph. about right for that motor.. but my old 7.3L diesel 2,300 is getting close to red line of 3k on that one. let people know how it goes

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 05-15-2016, 01:53 AM
marcaurell
2007 JK Wrangler 

I am from Europe (please excuse my bad English) and i know the CRD's, 95% in Europa are CRD's.

Let the finger from them!! the Engine is Crap!

All the Europeen Hightech Diesel engines have many problems from 80 thousand Mls up.

The engine is dependent on perfectly pure and absolutely clean diesel fuel, each solute-of Biological fuel brings extreme problems with the sensitive nozzles.
The nozzle grubby and no longer work then what to follow, the uncontrolled inject and one characterized hole burning into the pistons..
Furthermore, very susceptible to the turbocharger, you should leave the always run after motor after heavy use cool to him down.
The engine is really difficult to repair only at great expense only highly trained mechanics are capable and spare parts are extremely expensive.

In this engine too much high-tech sticks, his durability even with the best care is a maximum of 120 'miles
post #5 of 7 Old 05-15-2016, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
NielsC

Hi, Marcaurell, yes most JK's are diesel over here, i'd really want the 3.6 but very expensive and hard to find second hand, as you will probably know.
My father has a JK with the EURO 5 200hp engine, only has 35k km on it , but from what ive heard they are not too bad ? I believe what you are reffering to applies to all modern diesel engines in Europe, doesn't it ?
I think if you service the engine every 15k km with quality oil, always wait 10 sec before shutting the engine down, they are pretty reliable ? Also dirty fuel really is not an issue over here i think.

As for the other replies, i was hoping there were more members from around the world with the diesel engine
The rubi indeed has the option for 4.1 diffs, but most here don't have that option. I do believe the manual has 4.1 by default so maybe I am better of searching a manual one.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-15-2016, 09:51 AM
marcaurell
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NielsC View Post
I think if you service the engine every 15k km with quality oil, always wait 10 sec before shutting the engine down, they are pretty reliable ? Also dirty fuel really is not an issue over here i think.
read your own words wait a minute and think about it. you've given the answer yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NielsC View Post
Also dirty fuel really is not an issue over here i think.

refuel once wrong as to confuse petrol with diesel costs about 3500.- Euro !! all nozzles are immediately broken the high pressure pump as well, and you also have to clean the entire system!

The system works well as long as there is always operated with perfect fuel. but once an error or a normal recharge defective ruined always all parts simultaneously. You have to replace all parts as otherwise always by metal chips of the damage will be destroyed forever by a defect in the common rail system.
Prices with us:
Nozzle: 1 piece 500.-
High-pressure pump: 480.-
Rail tube: 180
The whole system is simply too sensitive and too complicated, also the engine itself destroyed by the enormous quantity of carbon black that is supplied to it by the EGR system. The intake can not be cleaned because it is indeed traversed only by air, yes!

looks a picture as the inside of a Euro 5 diesel engine here:

post #7 of 7 Old 05-16-2016, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
NielsC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcaurell View Post
read your own words wait a minute and think about it. you've given the answer yourself!

refuel once wrong as to confuse petrol with diesel costs about 3500.- Euro !! all nozzles are immediately broken the high pressure pump as well, and you also have to clean the entire system!

The system works well as long as there is always operated with perfect fuel. but once an error or a normal recharge defective ruined always all parts simultaneously. You have to replace all parts as otherwise always by metal chips of the damage will be destroyed forever by a defect in the common rail system.
Prices with us:
Nozzle: 1 piece 500.-
High-pressure pump: 480.-
Rail tube: 180
The whole system is simply too sensitive and too complicated, also the engine itself destroyed by the enormous quantity of carbon black that is supplied to it by the EGR system. The intake can not be cleaned because it is indeed traversed only by air, yes!

looks a picture as the inside of a Euro 5 diesel engine here:

You are 100% correct. But that applies to all modern diesel engines.
Dirty fuel is indeed a killer for diesel fuel systems, but I don't see it very often here in Belgium (BMW mechanic), but yes sometimes it happens, but that is with all cars.

Is that EGR valve from a CRD engine?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.