Cover/ Mirrors Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Cover/ Mirrors Help

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
Seanbmc
2009 JK Wrangler 

Cover/ Mirrors Help

I would really like to run with top/doors off as much as possible this spring/summer.

Cover - I am looking for one with decent coverage with doors off. Looking at the bestop one. Id like to keep soft top on the jeep, so hopefully one that fits with it on. I would prefer a cover in black, but the bestop one is charcoal, which I guess is grey. Any other decent options in black? Does anyone know if this will work with various mirror relocation?

Mirrors - I bought the Rugged Ridge mirror relocation brackets a few years ago. I could never separate my stock mirrors. I soaked them in liquid wrench, took them to a vice, hammered from the bottom... every suggestion I tried and nothing. Not sure if anyone has any new tips, havnt looked into it in quite a while, or I need to look into other options. I see there are the quick release small round ones now, are these decent? Anything else I should consider? Purchasing another set of mirrors for the brackets could be expensive.

Thanks for any help!

Sean

Mastercraft Grab Handles, Mopar Slush Mats, Hitch.
Seanbmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

IIRC, there's a single screw at the base of each mirror. (?) Sorry to hear yours are so tight!
I run doorless/windowless 1/2 the year, and the stock softtop has worked well. No issues with the rear corners or tearing!

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #3
Seanbmc
2009 JK Wrangler 

I definitely took the screw out!

I even used some really small screwdrivers up in the screw hole and pounded up with with a hammer while friend pulled up...

I did find a mopar part of a pair of mirrors with what looks like mounting brackets. http://moparonlineparts.com/jeep-wra...rs-p-3348.html
Mastercraft Grab Handles, Mopar Slush Mats, Hitch.
Seanbmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.