A couple of questions on Truck Liteís - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > A couple of questions on Truck Liteís

Iron Rock Offroad products - get them from Kolak!WIN a Rough Country Forged Track Bar - ExtremeTerrain!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-13-2015, 10:23 PM   #1
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

A couple of questions on Truck Liteís

I did a search and found several threads with Truck Liteís in them but since I have only a couple of questions I opened another thread on the subject (canít have too many ya know).

Iím finally going to buy some decent lighting for my Jeep. I have a quick question about the Truck lite LED headlights. I see that there are the heated ones (donít need those) and I guess just the regular ones. Other than the heated part are the lights virtually the same? I believe the answer is yes but since Iím actually going buy them now I want to be 100% sure.

Also was wondering if I needed the pulse width modulation adapter harness too. For some reason when I go to buy something in a certain price range I start to second guess myself. Thanks.

(2011-2016)
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2015, 11:48 PM   #2
Jeepstylexx

Yes, they're the same. I live in Upstate New York and we just had the coldest February in our history. 12 days of sub zero temps. My non heated ones never had any issues.
Jeepstylexx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2015, 12:07 AM   #3
mtnbiker995

2009 JK Wrangler 

The heated part is to prevent ice build up. If you put in enough highway miles in the slush, the heated ones are the way to go. If you don't really log many highway miles in ****ty weather then don't worry about it
Unread 03-14-2015, 12:57 AM   #4
rich6700

Truck lites come with a wiring harness
rich6700 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2015, 06:11 AM   #5
jwmbishop
Accidental Obfuscator

2011 JK Wrangler 

Yes you MAY (very likely) need the pwm - canbus is PWM - the pulses are what lights the light - and the oem light does not respond as fast as LED so you dont see the flashing. When sys voltage is drawn down (by drawn I mean full use, radio, amp, accesories etc)... add an aging battery etc and you may get by without flicker - but there WILL be some times when you wont... and it will only get worse.
Unread 03-14-2015, 01:47 PM   #6
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Well I finally done it, I just ordered a set with harness. I have been so stubborn over the years, refusing to pay so much for headlights but after reading (several threads) how everyone who bought these were more than pleased with the results I finally gave in.

Iím kind of excided to get them in and see for myself because I do a lot of night driving. Just might have to wash the outside of my Jeep to match the newness of the lights.

Thanks guys for your posts.

(2011-2016)
Unread 03-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #7
zjilla
2007 JK Wrangler 

You will be happy. My buddy in england bought them and i was sold! Went to order mine when i finally made it to alaska and i couldnt find the heated ones in stock :/
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2015, 02:47 PM   #8
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Thatís what I keep hearing so Iím pretty confident that Iíll be happy as well. In a few days I should be able to join others like you that are more than satisfied with them and have no regrets.

Itís still a shame that our Jeeps come from the factory with sub-par lighting especially after all these years that theyíve been selling them.

(2011-2016)
Unread 03-14-2015, 04:09 PM   #9
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
Yes you MAY (very likely) need the pwm - canbus is PWM - the pulses are what lights the light - and the oem light does not respond as fast as LED so you dont see the flashing. When sys voltage is drawn down (by drawn I mean full use, radio, amp, accesories etc)... add an aging battery etc and you may get by without flicker - but there WILL be some times when you wont... and it will only get worse.
This^^
I purhased these a few months ago after alot of contiplation , couldn't be happier with the results. Figures they would come out with a heated version now but never had any icing over through the winter.

You may need to make a couple wraps of electrical tape to fit in the retainers a little tighter. This was the case for the right side on mine.
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2015, 06:10 PM   #10
shouser45
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have the non-heated lights n anti flicker plugs super happy
shouser45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2015, 02:36 AM   #11
zjilla
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222
That’s what I keep hearing so I’m pretty confident that I’ll be happy as well. In a few days I should be able to join others like you that are more than satisfied with them and have no regrets. It’s still a shame that our Jeeps come from the factory with sub-par lighting especially after all these years that they’ve been selling them.
I compensated with this ebay find:

image-378568719.jpg

Will go on monday after i get my heep with new gears back from the shop. But i cant use the light legally on the highway with oncoming traffic :/
Unread 03-15-2015, 03:16 AM   #12
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Nice. What size is it and is it going on your bumper?

(2011-2016)
Unread 03-15-2015, 12:45 PM   #13
zjilla
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222
Nice. What size is it and is it going on your bumper?
Dont wanna hi jack ur theead but yea its replacing my two halogen kc lights on my bumper. Its a 20"
Unread 03-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #14
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Donít worry about high jacking any of my threads, I welcome most all posts unless they are way off base.

Good choice on the mounting position. I find that having extremely bright lights mounted high (roof racks/windshield brackets) just about eliminates the shadows for road irregularities (dips, holes and such) making it difficult to judge the depth and hitting them too hard. Anyhow thatís my experience with the light setup I have.

(2011-2016)
Unread 03-15-2015, 02:13 PM   #15
zjilla
2007 JK Wrangler 

Funny u say that bc all the state trooper cars here have hoods that are painted black to avoid the glare from their lights up top. Same guy in england had a 50" light bar on the windshield/roof. It was bright but had alot of hood glare. His jeep was green (not sure exact color name). Plus the thing whistled in the wind pretty bad! image-334475039.jpg

Once he installed the truclites, he took the lightbar off bc it was un nessicary.

image-63204500.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.