could use a little more flex - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > could use a little more flex

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
I.O.A.MUD

could use a little more flex

http://www.quadratec.com/community/j...=QNEWSLET0906C

We dont stop playing because we grow old....we grow old because we stop playing!
I.O.A.MUD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Looks good to me - the article notes these were taken with the sway bar intact.

It is a fact that a stock JK (with the electronic disco) will flex better than a stock TJ.
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #3
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

are the electronic sway bar disco's an option on all JK or just std on the Rubi?
Unread 10-05-2006, 03:09 PM   #4
I.O.A.MUD

Didnt see the part about the swaybar still bing in tact. Still gets a little tippsy even with the longer wheel base.
I.O.A.MUD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #5
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere
are the electronic sway bar disco's an option on all JK or just std on the Rubi?

Late availability on X and Sahara. Must be optioned with rear locker.
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #6
Laxstar46

From what quadratec says in there they say the 3.8 feels better than the 4.0. that comes as a surprise to me
Laxstar46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2006, 04:39 PM   #7
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

WTH kind of RTI ramp is that? Designed for ATVs? If they disconnected the swaybar they could have driven right over the thing.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2006, 06:00 PM   #8
Laxstar46

Yea it looked pretty good i would bet the 2 doors would be even better. I still not sure bout the 3.8 tho
Laxstar46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2006, 06:19 PM   #9
wrnglrguy
2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks like the rear is flexing more than the front. Weird.
wrnglrguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2006, 07:09 PM   #10
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrnglrguy
Looks like the rear is flexing more than the front. Weird.

If the front is connected that is what it's going to look like. Even on a TJ.
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2006, 01:16 AM   #11
Hip2u77
2012 JK Wrangler 

2 Door Flex. . . RTI 831 (or something like that) with the swaybar disconnected)

Hip2u77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2006, 07:02 AM   #12
JLH
2015 JK Wrangler 

Just to compare a few other vehicles here is a cut and paste from the Motor Trend test of other SUVs. Its easy to see that the JK with kill the Xterra and FJ on the RTI scores.

Fourth Place: Our "Trail Rated" Liberty had a not-too-shabby 450 RTI result, but had the smallest tires of the group (225/75R16) with the least aggressive tread. Gearing is adequate, but the clumsy slot-machine 4WD lever puts up a fight when going into and out of 4Low.

Third Place: The Xterra scored a 384 RTI (lowest of the four), but did offer a big tire (265/75R16) and an electronic locking rear differential (some called it the "Save Me!" button). The 4.0-liter V-6 is powerful and responsive, making the Nissan a favorite in the high-speed sand washes.

Second Place: The Toyota FJ's suspension uses coil springs in front and back and scored a solid 491 RTI. The "A-TRAC" traction-control system calculates the right amount of traction needed in high and low range. And, although it's loud and vibrates like crazy when engaged, several testers appreciated the A-TRAC's feedback. In addition, the FJ offers a push-button rear locker (which disconnects traction control), and runs the dry-wash trails like a Baja pre-runner.

First Place: With the most compliant suspension, the H3 scored a 521 RTI and has a transfer-case low-range gear almost two times lower than do the others. In addition, the Hummer had the biggest, most aggressive tires (285/75R16) and a smart traction-control system that works in combination with a rear locker. If there's a weakness, not surprisingly, it's the anemic I-5 that had trouble pushing our 2.5-ton H3 through the desert sand washes.
JLH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2006, 07:11 AM   #13
JLH
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.O.A MUD
That is not a standard 20 degree RTI ramp, so calculating the score is impossible without knowing the angle.
JLH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2006, 08:16 AM   #14
300bhp/ton
1995 XJ Cherokee 

What's RTI?
Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0HO!!! - stock|Land Rover Discovery 200Tdi - diesel, 33's and one or two other mods currently being rebuilt as an 88 Hybrid|Camaro z/28 LS1 - 5.7 litres of OHV muscle!!!|1977 Triumph TR7 V8 - Lightweight and fun, with only the doors remaining stock|smart Roadster - small nippy and 58mpg|Ford Thunderbird - long term rebuild project
300bhp/ton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2006, 08:20 AM   #15
Sweeney
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLH
That is not a standard 20 degree RTI ramp, so calculating the score is impossible without knowing the angle.
All you need is the height off the ground, the angle is irrelevant.
Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.