Corner Armor Without Fuel Hole - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Corner Armor Without Fuel Hole

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-14-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Corner Armor Without Fuel Hole

Does anyone know if anyone makes a rear 2 door corner armor that does NOT have the hole on the driver side for the fuel filler? Id hate to have to cut out circle chunk of metal weld it in then grind it flush to eliminate it. Id prefer the corner also goes from the rear and cover the whole rear quarter panel. I cant seem to find any.

Unread 02-14-2014, 09:37 PM   #2
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

Not until we run on air....lol

Call one and ask they just need to eliminate that action from the cutter. Don't know that they will but filling it in and grinding is quick enough.

[B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/built-rocks-2101897/"][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]CLICK HERE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Brut4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #3
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut4ce View Post
Not until we run on air....lol

Call one and ask they just need to eliminate that action from the cutter. Don't know that they will but filling it in and grinding is quick enough.
true i was just being lazy lol
Unread 02-14-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz View Post
true i was just being lazy lol
Lol....understand...wish there was blanks for a lot of stuff...life would be good...

You can probably get a set though....it would be on one of the upcoming production runs. Might hit you with a 1 off price for removing it from the batch ....

[B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/built-rocks-2101897/"][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]CLICK HERE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Unread 02-14-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

on a second note anyone know what the dimension of the hole is on the corners thats precut? I can measure mine tomorrow, but ill need to know this to get the right size hole saw. Im hoping its 4.5 as i already have one
Unread 02-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Have your local steel supplier cut you one and turn it to the exact radius of the corner on the jeep.

I priced out aluminum and it was cheaper blanked than the steel smittybilt was off the shelf for my yj.
Unread 02-14-2014, 11:03 PM   #7
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Have your local steel supplier cut you one and turn it to the exact radius of the corner on the jeep.

I priced out aluminum and it was cheaper blanked than the steel smittybilt was off the shelf for my yj.
I was just debating that, minus the rolling. I was trying to think how it would look squared away were the bend was. then itd be pretty simple. i can get the steel sheets from my work.
Unread 02-14-2014, 11:05 PM   #8
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post

Yj has a single radius jk is compound it has vertical radius as well as horizontal.
That's why poison spyder paid to have a stamp made and the reason the material thickness is limited.

Unread 02-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #9
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You could square it off or have separate pieces made up and weld a butt joint at the apex joining the two sides.
Unread 02-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #10
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

Evo has squared off sides it will give you an idea...they weld little top plates for antennas and whatever their.

Unread 02-14-2014, 11:17 PM   #11
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

just looked at those. i dont want mine to look like an evo one though...

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/po...teel-14-04-040

this is ideally what i want for the jk. the front of the wheel well is where i want to put my fuel fill at the moment. I would just need one bend on top. I bet it wouldnt be bad.

thats essentially how im cutting the body tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.