Completion Date Of 8/17??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Completion Date Of 8/17???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-14-2006, 10:59 AM   #1
swirvn

Completion Date Of 8/17???

I just recieved an update from my dealership, telling me that my order for a 2 door Sahara is in D1 status and that it will be completed on 8/17 and expected to arrive on 9/1. Does this make any sense, I didn't even think the 2 door is in production yet?? I figured I would post it here for some insight before I call the dealership.

swirvn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Thats like 3 days from now! Maybe yours will be number 1 or something lol.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #3
03jeeper78

Yes that makes sense. There are already some on the road, I saw them with my own eyes at Camp Jeep this past weekend.
BSMCCEP Club Member #45
Stock: 4.0L I6:5-speed:3.07 gears:D35 with Trac-Loc:15x7 Ecco wheels:Dual Top Group
Mods: 30x9.5 BFG A-T T/A KO's:JKS Quicker disconnects:Rock-It Man rocker guards:Jeep Medic oil pan/tranny skid:Kilby steering skid:Warn D30 diff guard:C4x4 D35 diff guard:Rusty's radiator guard:Skid Row LCA skids:SilverStar headlights and fogs:Hidden Hitch class III receiver:Old Realistic 40ch CB:2' Firestik II:Arizona Rocky Road tailgate antenna mount
Next : Jeeperman rear bumper

'06 Candy Orange Honda Shadow Spirit 750
03jeeper78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2006, 01:44 PM   #4
Agent 000
Secret Agent Man

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'd say very unlikely, as they have not initiated the production line for the 2-door model yet. We don't even have pricing data available for the 2-Door model yet, and allocations for us to order these will not open till the end of August.

Chili Pepper Red 1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Agent 000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
swirvn

I thought is was to good to be true as well! I called DC customer service line to find out more information and the rep stated that it has a material restriction hold and to follow up with the dealer for more information. I ordered a black and tan sahara 2 door, with a soft top. So, the dealer is just misinformed then, oh well!, I have very little patience, so any news is better than none.

I read on JKboard that there is a issue with the steering column and it might have to be re engineered, so maybe that is the hold up!

I would rather they figure out the issues at the factory then the customers dealing with the service techs at the dealers.
swirvn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2006, 05:06 PM   #6
TheBluePill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03jeeper78
Yes that makes sense. There are already some on the road, I saw them with my own eyes at Camp Jeep this past weekend.
All accounts point to NO 2 Door Jeeps even close to being delivered, much less being Produced. Those had to have been prototypes or Pre-Production Test Mules you saw at CJ.
TheBluePill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2006, 09:11 PM   #7
awd_brian

The dealership near me says (as of yesterday the 13th) that the 2door and the 4door will show up at about the same time, estimated at about 2 weeks from now. I figured he must have just been pulling numbers out of the sky, because everything I have read here seems to point to there being two seperate production and delivery timelines.
awd_brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2006, 10:14 PM   #8
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by awd_brian
I figured he must have just been pulling numbers out of the sky
Not the sky. Sun does not shine from where they pulled those numbers from.
Karamba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2006, 10:16 PM   #9
awd_brian

Haha yeah, I was trying to be as polite as possible about their disregard for reality
awd_brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.