Common Problems with JK - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Common Problems with JK

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-06-2006, 10:54 AM   #31
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK2BJeep3
3500 miles so far JK Unlimited Sahara. Have had a couple hiccups actually. Electrical system blinked on me one day while driving - lights dimmed, radio died, speedometer, etc. shut down and then all came right back on (all idiot lights came on) then everything went back to normal. I mentioned it to the dealer at my oil change and they check battery connections but everything seemed fine. Couple days ago the ESP/BAS light came on but I hadn't touched the ESP off button. Hit the button, and it the light went off, seems normal now....
These are known issues. You should check out this TSB:

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Chrysler/.../18036061.html

scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2006, 11:25 AM   #32
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc
These are known issues. You should check out this TSB:

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Chrysler/.../18036061.html
That's also posted in this thread in case that link goes down: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/head-unit-problems-345243/

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #33
tbrkek

I had the exact same problem! I even posted it here a while ago somewhere. Everything blinked on and it died. Started right back up. This happened around 3000 miles as well. I now have 9500 miles on it and it hasn't happened since. WEIRD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK2BJeep3
3500 miles so far JK Unlimited Sahara. Have had a couple hiccups actually. Electrical system blinked on me one day while driving - lights dimmed, radio died, speedometer, etc. shut down and then all came right back on (all idiot lights came on) then everything went back to normal. I mentioned it to the dealer at my oil change and they check battery connections but everything seemed fine. Couple days ago the ESP/BAS light came on but I hadn't touched the ESP off button. Hit the button, and it the light went off, seems normal now....
tbrkek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #34
JK2BJeep3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
That's also posted in this thread in case that link goes down: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345243

Thanks for the info. Just after I posted I found that in the other thread or on JKboard and was relieved it wasn't just me. Will bring the info at my next trip to the dealer.
JK2BJeep3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2006, 04:56 PM   #35
doojer

Interior paint issues

Well, I was digging around on the floor of my JK today and all of a sudden something horrible caught my eye.... the paint on the inside of the front passenger side (towards the hood from the door, below the glove) was completely shreaded There is just no way that somone could have done this with their feet, so I checked the driver's side in the same spot and it was shreaded, too! I went back around to look at the passenger side again and noticed a bubble in some of the paint near the shreaded area. I rubbed it with my finger and it came off Left a big ol' chip showing the primer!

Man, I've got to call my dealer now. I'll post pics in 2 days and 8 posts

EDIT: here are links, in the meantime...
Driver's side:

Passenger's side (with paint chip to the left of the scratches
[B][URL="http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9"]2007 JK Unlimited Sahara[/URL][/B] - [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Jeep Green[/B][/COLOR], Auto, 4:10, D30 front/D44 rear, RockCrusher Diff Covers

Last edited by doojer; 12-08-2006 at 05:37 PM..
doojer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 12:00 PM   #36
Good
1975 CJ5 

Mine leaks antifreeze, but I think it's only when it's cold. Like pressure builds up before the thermostat opens and it just blows some out where the top tube goes into the radiator. Any suggestions?
Mostly Jeep...

All American.
Good is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.