Coloured Mesh Grill Mod - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Coloured Mesh Grill Mod

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 09-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #16
JoeBIII
2014 JK Wrangler 

Finished product:

image-3536950009.jpg

Close up:

image-909844378.jpg

JoeBIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2014, 05:29 PM   #17
Kanienkeha4

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBIII View Post
Wanted to let you know about a metal mesh I found in NE Florida when applying this mod to my '14 JKU. It is a gutter mesh I bought from Lowe's with a slightly smaller mesh pattern than what I've seen on others - which makes it looks less of a homemade job. It also comes pre painted (black) with a nice finish on both sides - looks to have been dipped as opposed to sprayed. I bought 4 pieces for the mod - although you may be able to get away with only 3 if you make tight/accurate cuts. At $2.98 per piece I wasn't too concerned with purchasing the extra one. For my mesh, zip mounts, ties and epoxy I have about $33 in the entire mod. Looks every bit as good (perhaps even better) than some of the +$100 products I've seen available for this.
I bought the same thing last weekend, still working on cutting the panels out - it takes for bloody ever! One question: have you had any issues with overheating while running trails with the tight mesh spacing?
Kanienkeha4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #18
JohnnyWhitehead
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeeper
Alrighty everyone! The suspense is finally over! Lots of fun little Zip tie mounts: The look all secured to the grille (with 56 little ties!! ): And how it looks on the Jeep!! Now that it's on there, not entirely sure of the red...let me know what you think everyone! I may be starting a poll on the colour of this!
I like the look. Just get a little more red on there.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.