(colegrove03) is the Winner of the November 2013 JK of the Month Contest! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > (colegrove03) is the Winner of the November 2013 JK of the Month Contest!

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

View Poll Results: Vote here for the November 2013, JK of the Month.
BlackOpsRubi 20 41.67%
ROCKR8R 0 0%
colegrove03 23 47.92%
COLOUXJ 3 6.25%
CyberPyrot 2 4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 11-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

(colegrove03) is the Winner of the November 2013 JK of the Month Contest!

It's Time For The November 2013
JK of the Month Contest

BlackOpsRubi

Jeep: Year & Model: 2011 JK Wrangler Rubicon, Transmission: Stock - 6 Speed Manual

Modifications:

Engine / Performance: RIPP GEN II Supercharger (Tactical Package), DiabloSport Tuner, RIPP LT SS headers, MBRP Off-road SS Exhaust, Flow Master Resonator

Suspension / Steering: Rock Krawler 2.5" max travel, Rock Krawler Remote Reservoir RRD Racing Shock Front and Rear, RC Dual Steering Stabilizer

Wheels & Tires: 35” Goodyear Wrangler MTR w/ Kevlar, Pro Comp Alloy Flat Blk, 17x9 Rims

Armor: AEV Heat Reduction Hood, Poison SpyderTrail Cage, Poison Spyder Crusher Corners, Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Front Bumper, Poison Spyder Rear Brawler Bumper w/ swing mount tire carrier, Poison Spyder Body Armor, Rocker Knockers w/ sliders, Poison Spyder Aluminum flat fenders, Solid Axle Diff Covers

Recovery Tools: Warn M8000 Winch w/synthetic line, Bubba Rope, 48” Hi-Lift Jack

Misc.: sPOD modified with DIY backlit air pressure gauge and map lights, PIAA Fog Lights, Viair 400C Onboard Air System w/ 2 gallon tank, CJ Mirror custom conversion.

The Story

We both were four wheelers and had jeeps before we met and married, had jeeps together, and then went Jeepless for a few years to raise kids. To celebrate 25 years of marriage and an empty nest we decided to gift ourselves with a new 2011 JK. We don’t want anything that looks “monster truck-ish” or “hummer-esque” and knowing that we never want a trailer queen or dedicated trail rig, we are intentionally keeping the modifications and upgrades on the conservative side. Our mods were meant to be dual purposed, making it capable off road but keeping it stable and comfortable on road.

ROCKR8R

2008 JK X, ~3.5" Teraflex/Synergy Suspension franken lift, 5.13's, Aussie front lock, Teraflex diff armor, Poly Performance Inner C-Gussets, Kelly Safari TSR 35's, Rugged Ridge XHD front bumper, Recon winch, OR Fab tire carrier, Rigid Industries Dually A-Pillar and rear facing lighting, cut OEM fender flares

colegrove03

MODS:
(Drivetrain)
ProComp 6in long arm kit but has been highly modified so I don't even know if I can call it that anymore!
KING 2.5 IBP coilovers 14in rear/front shocks are fox remote reservoir but I have 12in king coilover for front once we get time to fab up mounts.
Custom built front and rear driveshafts
Dynatrac ProRock unlimited 44front housing
35 spline RCV axles
ARB locker
Dynatrac Prosteer ball joints
5.38 gears
Dynatrac ProRock 60 rear axle ARB/5.38
Reid knuckles
Teraflex big break kit and master cylinder
PSC Extreme duty hydraulic assist steering and custom mounts and cooler
Advanced Adaptors heavy duty transfer case cable assembly
Spyderlock beadlocks 17x9.5 offset 3.5
Maxxis competition Trepador 37/12.50/17
JKS front and rear track bars
Front Antirock sway bar (I have rear but not installed yet)
Ballistic fab steering kit

(Armor)
Poison Spyder BFH front bumper with trail stinger
Poison Spyder BFH rear bumper
Poison Spyder Rocker Knocker rocker guards
Poison Spyder Crusher corner guards and LED lights
Poison Spyder Crusher front and rear tube fenders
Skid Row engine skid
Rugged Ridge evap skid
Stock gas tank skid! Haha
Warn 9.5 CTI winch with Amsteel synthetic rope
Poison Spyder aluminum Hawse fairlead
Rigid 10" light bar E series
Rigid rock lights

(INTERIOR)
Fully custom 10 point cage (TIG welding only on this jeep)
Corbeau Baja XRS heated bucket seat front and rear
Mastercraft 5 point harnesses front and rear
Al's spray on liner

(ENGINE)
Sprintex supercharger
Hypertech programmer
AFE exhaust
Airaid cold air intake
Yellow top Optima battery relocated in rear of jeep
Distribution block in batter tray
ARB compressor in battery tray

(STORY)
I bought my 2008 Jeep JKRU 3 years ago used with only 16,000 miles on her and bone stock with the intentions to do only a mild build.. I'm sure some of you are laughing by now! I guess where my build went out of control is when my buddy who use to race desert trucks started to help me in my build process. Seemed like every time we got together the plans grew and became more complicated. One thing led to another and before I knew it we had pulled the axles, cut a 4 foot hole in the back of the tube for the coilovers to travel though and started building a cage! My entire build took place in my buddies garage for over a year! Many many hours/beer and lots of screaming went into this jeep! So many conversation ended with "well..nows the time to upgrade while it's apart if I'm gonna" and I did! I couldn't have done this build without my good friend Matt. He has taught me so much and I thank him for it!

We wheel every chance we get and have tackled most the parks here in Tennessee. Jeep performs flawlessly on the trails and can hang with the big boys. As all jeeps they are never finished you know there is still lots to do. Time is always against us. Come January we plan to install the King coilovers on the front/engine cage, rear antirock, make removable B pillars and custom aluminum dash for all my Autometer gauges.

COLOUXJ

Mods:
2010 JKU Unlimited Rubicon and all the goodies that come with it
4.88's in front and rear Dana 44's
OME HD coils (3" of lift)
Bilstein 5100's
JKS trackbars
OME steering stabalizer relocation and SS
Synergy trackbar
Rugged Ridge 17x9 wheels
315/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs
ADP stubby endcaps
Cobra CB

Story:
Bought the Jeep after graduation from University of Colorado at Boulder and have just began to modify it. Most aesthetic parts are yet to be purchased as I wanted to get it trail ready before I made it look really good.

CyberPyrot

Mods:

Rugged Ridge XMD front bumper with stinger

Rugged Ridge XMD rear bumper with tire carrier

OEM painted half doors

Poison Spider half doors

Rugged ridge side armor

Cut Fenders

Safari Straps Full cage straps

Warn Winch

33” mud grapplers

Rugged Ridge Modular Snorkle (going on this weekend)

Soft D steel rims

Bestop NX soft top

Bestop element tube doors

Lots of little stuff not worth mentioning.

Story: Well I have been holding off doing the major mods that would void the warranty. Wanting to fully break in the engine with some of the issues the early Panstars where having I didn’t want to give the dealership any reason to deny a claim. Now the time has come the Odometer has hit the 11K mark I think if there were any issues I would have seen them by now. That being said the next major mod will be a lift kit.

There You Have It
Good Luck To All And Have A Happy Thanksgiving!

JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
TOGM
The Other Green Monstah!

2011 JK Wrangler 

Nice line up this month. Had to vote for BlackOpsRubi, gota love the 2-doors and those old style mirrors bring back memories of my old CJ.

My wife's Build Thread
TOGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

colegrove for all the fab work.
Maertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 05:09 AM   #4
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Very nice group this month. Good Luck to all!
Bump to the top.
BlkOpsRubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
colegrove03

Thanks Maertz for the vote! There is a ton of fab work that we did other than just the cage! A lot of my favorite fab work we did was the little things that really make a difference that really can't be seen here in 3 pictures. As for the other jeeps they are all awesome and all have their own personal touch that makes them cool. That's what pulled me into the jeep community in the first place!
colegrove03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colegrove03 View Post
Thanks Maertz for the vote! There is a ton of fab work that we did other than just the cage! A lot of my favorite fab work we did was the little things that really make a difference that really can't be seen here in 3 pictures. As for the other jeeps they are all awesome and all have their own personal touch that makes them cool. That's what pulled me into the jeep community in the first place!
I hear ya man, im in the same boat
Maertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice work you've done, love the custom cage.

Is your windshield missing or is it just the pictures?
Unread 11-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #8
colegrove03

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi
Nice work you've done, love the custom cage. Is your windshield missing or is it just the pictures?
We made my windshield removable for while I am wheeling but I drive the jeep daily with no windshield and I love it! A lot of the trails we wheel are tight and technical and they always seem to push the A pillar into trees or rocks. It was a must to make it removable to stop damaging body parts and now I can lay the weight if the jeep into trees at the A pillar if needed. I don't think jeep ever really expected people to even lay down windshields on JK's being they left the backside of the dash completely open leaving the electrical components exposed to the weather. So we made a very clean plate out if aluminum to prevent rain or dust from entering and not to mention just looks nice and finished. The TJ's dash came completely enclosed and I wish they would have done that on the JK's!
Unread 11-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #9
colegrove03

Blkopsrubi your jeep is awesome also by the way! You say it's a mild build but your jeep is build up nice! And the fact that you and your wife share the same passion for jeeps is something that I am very jealous of! Great jeep man.
Unread 11-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #10
colegrove03

Bump!
Unread 11-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #11
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Vote for colegrove! Sweet Build! Best of luck...
Unread 11-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #12
colegrove03

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_M
Vote for colegrove! Sweet Build! Best of luck...
Thanks so much David_M for the vote!
Unread 11-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #13
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Its close!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using JeepForum
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #14
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Blkopsrubi your jeep is awesome also by the way! You say it's a mild build but your jeep is build up nice! And the fact that you and your wife share the same passion for jeeps is something that I am very jealous of! Great jeep man.
Thanks but I guess it's all relative. When I started wheelin' 33s were "Big Honkin Tires".

Bump to the top for more votes. Come on folks this is a nice line up we should have way more votes ...there is something for everyone's tastes ... Big four doors, low profile 2 doors, lots of DIY work, awesome backdrop pictures (COLOUXJ, I'm jealous of your wheeling opportunities). Lets get the vote count up!
Unread 12-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #15
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

All amazing rigs!!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.